• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Watling: "Y'all are chumps. Batting is easy ffs"
Boult: "C'd"

McCullum, Anderson, Bracewell: ":(:(:("
Genuinely think that a 29 from Bracewell is a success tbh. I don't think he's capable of an average more than 20 - which would still be very useful, no doubt, but he's certainly not an allrounder.

Flem274*

123/5
Bracewell looked like a batsman today tbh. Correct and decisive footwork, played the ball under his eyes and batted in a restrained manner.

The pitch helps though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Genuinely think that a 29 from Bracewell is a success tbh. I don't think he's capable of an average more than 20 - which would still be very useful, no doubt, but he's certainly not an allrounder.
Actually yeah, 29 is good from him but at the same time in getting to 29 he showed how easy it is and threw it away. A 50 was there for him imo, just as 100 was for Fulton.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or ol' brain-fart Fulton's.
Not usually a fan of self-quoting, but I feel it's justified to point out Fults' resemblance to The Veils frontman in the middle of a particularly agonising song.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How has Boult resisted the dirty old tonk for so long?
Yes I know. He was good at that for a few matches at the start of his test career, and it wasn't until I saw him try to bat 'properly' a couple of times after that that I realised he is genuine number XI material. Hanging around well today though.

NZTailender

Fulton and Watling have similar stats at the moment, career-wise.

Whats interesting to note is that in 26 innings Fulton has hit 16 sixes...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very important runs from Watling obv. Still I wouldn't be surprised if Bangladesh overtake this and build a lead, leaving us trying to avoid defeat later in the match.

Bangladesh would need to bat with discipline though, which they're not exactly known for.

Flem274*

123/5
Rubel should be banned from bowling back of a length or short. He looks so much better when he pitches it up.

In fact the past few years of cricket have done a lot to convince me back of a length and bouncer barrage bowling is the most overrated tactic in sport. No one worth their place is bothered by it. I'm not saying the odd spell isn't worth a go, because it certainly is and if you can hit someone in the face then you should always do so, but the enforcer pseudo 80s West Indies method doesn't work 80% of the time.

Gorgeous shot.

Last edited:

NZTailender

Stats because bored.

Average balls faced per innings (rounded):
Williamson - 78
Fulton - 70
Taylor - 69
Brownlie - 63
Watling - 60
McCullum - 55
Rutherford - 55

Williamson <3

Average amount of innings per 6:
Fulton - 1.6
McCullum - 2.4
Rutherford - 2.7
Taylor - 2.9
Brownlie - 8
Watling - 26
Williamson - 47

Fulton likes a good tonk overhead.

Average amount of 4s per innings:
Taylor - 5
Rutherford - 4.4
McCullum - 4
Brownlie - 3.8
Fulton - 3.7
Watling - 3.7
Williamson - 3.4

So Taylor scores 20 runs per innings through boundaries. Cool.

Edit: added Brownlie

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Rubel should be banned from bowling back of a length or short. He looks so much better when he pitches it up.

In fact the past few years of cricket have done a lot to convince me back of a length and bouncer barrage bowling is the most overrated tactic in sport. No one worth their place is bothered by it. I'm not saying the odd spell isn't worth a go, because it certainly is and if you can hit someone in the face then you should always do so, but the enforcer pseudo 80s West Indies method doesn't work 80% of the time.
There's also a two bouncer per over rule (unless I am confused) back in the 1980s there was those famous two overs of bouncers by one of the WI pace men that lead to the Aussies bitching and complaining. A huge percentage of their deliveries were chin music. And it was attritional (sp?)