• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

James

Cricket Web Owner
Pretty glad I put $50 on Bangladesh to win at half time.

Full credit to Bangladesh. From the beginning of this tour to the end of it, they've exposed our lack of spin bowling options and deserve this result.

Ugh, just think what a half strength Sri Lanka side is going to do to us...might give it a miss.
Bet you won quite a bit of money there considering our first innings score. Congrats.

I was thinking what would happen if we were playing the Indians with this team. Hell, they'd probably put 500 on us in 50 overs.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pretty glad I put $50 on Bangladesh to win at half time.

Full credit to Bangladesh. From the beginning of this tour to the end of it, they've exposed our lack of spin bowling options and deserve this result.

Ugh, just think what a half strength Sri Lanka side is going to do to us...might give it a miss.

I had money on Bangladesh to win at the start of the game, got some ridiculous odds, they weren't even favourites..

Days of Grace

International Captain
Bangladesh seriously needs to get more series against top 8 nations. They are no longer minnows but nor will they improve further without more matches.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Banglas, really impressive, winning without their best player (who I think was instrumental in previous wins over the Kiwis), showed a good depth, and differing personalities coming up with the goods when needed, like a proper good team.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well done Banglas, really impressive, winning without their best player (who I think was instrumental in previous wins over the Kiwis), showed a good depth, and differing personalities coming up with the goods when needed, like a proper good team.
A proper run chase this time as well. Often an upset relies on an out-of-nowhere blitz or a hilarious batting collapse that's stumbled towards. But that never happened this series, and especially not today. NZ put up a good score and Bangladesh responded with a well-timed run chase that had contributions right down the order. Textbook, easily repeatable stuff.

Just goes to show - it wasn't really an upset at the last 'Banglawash' and it isn't now. Touring Bangladesh with an unsuited side that plays badly means you get smashed, just as for any other country.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I caught a ferry in to work this morning, saw a beautiful sunrise, thought it was going to be a lovely Monday... then checked the result of this game. Sigh.

Mumma daba

Cricket Spectator
New Zealand have a massive problem at the lower levels. It is ridiculous that a country that has produced Bond, Hadlee and Crowe is losing to Bangladesh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hey c'mon guys, lets not be too harsh on the NZC. I for one think it's great that their sending New Zealand A on their third tour of the year, even if it's a bit strange that they're just sending them back to Sri Lanka (and it's also a bit weird that Kyle Mills is in the NZA squad...though maybe they just want to give him some match practice).

What?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
As far as I am concerned Bangers should forfeit yesterday's victory on the grounds that their opening batsman was degrading to cricket.