• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Argh this kiwi commentator needs muting.. TIME FOR THE RED LIGHT
his name is Danny Morrison. Years later, doctors would confirm that he has an IQ of 48, making him what some people would call intellectually disabled. He cannot read or construct grammatically correct sentences.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
his name is Danny Morrison. Years later, doctors would confirm that his IQ is 50, making him technically intellectually disabled. He cannot read or construct grammatically correct sentences.
Worst I've ever heard I think, and thats a good effort.. I remember him doing our Pro20 in South Africa.. You can kind of excuse him on kiddy cricket, but not the real stuff

Flem274*

123/5
I really hope Milne doesn't get judged by getting some tap in this match. Noted ODI bowlers Trent Boult, Neil Wagner, Doug Bracewell and Mark Gillespie are around the test team so you would hope Milne doesn't get judged but still, this ODI only selection feels like a toe in the water to see what he's doing and never underestimate how frustrating NZ selectors can be.

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Moreover, the planning and tactics - whether they're building for the world cup or not - have been poor beyond belief.
...yeah, this can't be said loudly enough. I don't mind loosing to Bangladesh. And we may still win this game. I do mind the complete and utter lack of direction NZ cricket has had since Wright walked away from the coaching job. Selections are almost random. Our two best players and the current and former captain have been pulled from the next tour, effectively making it the NZ C Team, arguably the D Team. I turned the radio on this morning to hear Brian Waddle calling a hockey match. I can't listen to the Cup or Trophy games on the radio any more and if I want to see Test Match highlights I have to wait up until maybe one in the morning to watch 22 minutes of footage.

NZ Cricket has done everything within its power to make me not care about this game any more. There is no game plan. Just a number of different power players all seemingly pushing their own agendas: and now everything is a big huge mess.

Flem274*

123/5
It's been that way for years mate. Arguably since the beginning. Remember the Canterbury mafia of the 90s? They gave us Blair Hartland and Chris Cairns. Now the ND/Otago alliance is giving us Anton Devcich and Tim Southee.

Days of Grace

International Captain
God I just knew that last ball would go for a boundary. Just when the choke was on. That's the game, I reckon. Well played, Bangladesh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty glad I put $50 on Bangladesh to win at half time.

Full credit to Bangladesh. From the beginning of this tour to the end of it, they've exposed our lack of spin bowling options and deserve this result.

Ugh, just think what a half strength Sri Lanka side is going to do to us...might give it a miss.

banquetbear

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's been that way for years mate. Arguably since the beginning. Remember the Canterbury mafia of the 90s? They gave us Blair Hartland and Chris Cairns. Now the ND/Otago alliance is giving us Anton Devcich and Tim Southee.
...I remember that, but its not the same thing. It would almost be a good thing if a single group with a strong agenda was running the roost. But who exactly is in charge of the mad-house at the moment? Its a rudderless ship. And its not just the team on the field: its everything, including business deals, that is going on off the field as well.