Page 110 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2506
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Yeah, at least let Sodhi try and prove himself outside the SC before jumping to conclusions, I mean, we all seemed to think Sodhi was a bad pick here but now we are all saying he's a decent SC spin-bowling option.
    My opinion on that hasn't changed. It was a bad pick. It's great that it worked out and he bowled well yesterday, but I think it's best to ease him into it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Well shortcuts don't work 99% of the time, and NZC are trying to take shortcuts with Sodhi, so this will bite us in the arse this summer. I'm extremely dubious he announced himself yesterday and will be test standard from this point forward. He's going to cop some absolute pastings over the next few seasons if he keeps getting picked, but hopefully there will be some good performances in between the dross to make it worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I'd love to see us send him back to FC level after this - he can go back on a bit of a high after a highly encouraging introduction to Tests. That should give him a ton of confidence and do him a world of good. Then he can return again at a later date.

Only problem with that is who do we pick when we need a spinner? Bartin's not up to it, I'm afraid.
    BeeGee likes this.

is this **** on 75* already? ****ing hell.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    I'd love to see us send him back to FC level after this - he can go back on a bit of a high after a highly encouraging introduction to Tests. That should give him a ton of confidence and do him a world of good. Then he can return again at a later date.

Only problem with that is who do we pick when we need a spinner? Bartin's not up to it, I'm afraid.
    We pick him when we need a spinner, but we shouldn't need one against WI and India in our back yard.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Well shortcuts don't work 99% of the time, and NZC are trying to take shortcuts with Sodhi, so this will bite us in the arse this summer. I'm extremely dubious he announced himself yesterday and will be test standard from this point forward. He's going to cop some absolute pastings over the next few seasons if he keeps getting picked, but hopefully there will be some good performances in between the dross to make it worthwhile.
    Yeah, the Windies batting is a completely different kettle of fish to the Bangerz, and they're pretty good players of spin to boot. Let's not even talk about what the Indians will do to him. Further, the home pitches will be no where near as generous as this one. I'm hoping that Danny gets back into the Ps, but even if he doesn't I think Sodhi should be kept in the domestix this season.
    BeeGee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

I still think Sodhi ought to get at least one home series before being cast aside given this performance, especially if he bowls well in the second dig, I agree he probably shouldn't be thought of as a long term solution yet though
    Hurricane likes this.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Yeah, the Windies batting is a completely different kettle of fish to the Bangerz, and they're pretty good players of spin to boot. Let's not even talk about what the Indians will do to him. Further, the home pitches will be no where near as generous as this one. I'm hoping that Danny gets back into the Ps, but even if he doesn't I think Sodhi should be kept in the domestix this season.
    I still think Sodhi ought to get at least one home series before being cast aside given this performance, especially if he bowls well in the second dig, I agree he probably shouldn't be thought of as a long term solution yet though
    Yeah despite thinking this won't last, he deserves some perseverance if Vettori isn't fit. Hopefully Vettori is ready for the West Indies series so he can come in as the rightful number one spinner.

he is thought of as the long term solution. That's the point. Ease him into it, let him pick up experience here and there.

Basically, it's not dropping him, it's understanding when he should be selected.

Hopefully that will mean in a couple of years he can be a permanent fixture in the side without having to go through too many Tahir type performances.
    _Ed_ likes this.

That drive is more like the Anderson I expected.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    how the **** do Rubel's bouncers keep getting the better of our batsmen?

starting to see what Flem is talking about with Anderson outside off stump.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    he is decent against spin though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Danny, weren't we jizzing about how we had a group who could be together for ten years five years ago?

The fulfilling of potential needs to start now. Today. Terms like "rebuilding" and "youth" are just excuses for being rubbish and are attempts to buy an artificial grace period.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    he is thought of as the long term solution. That's the point. Ease him into it, let him pick up experience here and there.

Basically, it's not dropping him, it's understanding when he should be selected.

Hopefully that will mean in a couple of years he can be a permanent fixture in the side without having to go through too many Tahir type performances.
    Yeah, I wasn't clear, I meant Sodhi shouldn't be expected to put in good performances regularly at international level over the next 2 years, and therefore he shouldn't be picked too often but given this performance he has at least earned a chance to prove himself.

Thread Information