Cricket Player Manager
Page 102 of 168 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2506
Like Tree372Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

  1. #1516
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    auckland nz
    Posts
    344
    Thankfully Williamson comes back in.

  2. #1517
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,680
    dat ****ing captain
    Exit pursuing a beer

  3. #1518
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,410
    oh guts hope he's ok. he was the only guy who played good cricket in that delivery, doesn't deserve to be the one hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  4. #1519
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    auckland nz
    Posts
    344
    lol he looks like a different person with the new helmet


  5. #1520
    Cricketer Of The Year hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7,598
    "Ball sack ball sack ball sack!"

    "Well ball sack!"

  6. #1521
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,410
    better than his shrieking when he appeals....

  7. #1522
    International Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    6,678
    whenever play resumes this partnership will pretty much decide the fate of the first innings, if this match becomes a rain affected draw I'll be so pissed, this is good cricket damnit!
    RIP Phillip Hughes (1988-2014)

  8. #1523
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,393
    Finally get to watch the cricket and along comes the bloody rain.

    Had to laugh at McCullum getting caught in the deep

  9. #1524
    Cricketer Of The Year hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    whenever play resumes this partnership will pretty much decide the fate of the first innings
    and probably the match.

  10. #1525
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,944
    Sounds like that's it for the day again.

  11. #1526
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,944
    Oh well, might actually get some work done now.

  12. #1527
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    8,346
    How much longer can McCullum keep batting like this, before questions start being asked about his position in the side? He's been rat**** ever since the tour of England (which I understand is just 4 matches, so it's not the end of the world). How long can a guy keep getting dismissed like this before people start wondering "hmm...I wonder whether he could be setting a better example for the rest of the team...".
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  13. #1528
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,410
    Well if you remove the England home series, where he batted at six on fairly placid pitches, then his record over the past couple of years looks terrible.

    The home series was yet another false dawn, and while batting in the easiest conditions able to be designed, he still didn't score a ton. He's a poor mans McMillan, and McMillan was a downhill skier with a very flattering average.

    McCullum was an excellent gloveman, if not the best in the world, and for a few games he was a good opener and has been a good tactician as skipper as well. He's also a good final nail in the coffin once the hard work has been done.

    But he is not a specialist batsman long term, and he can't be relied upon under pressure unless the pitch is a road.

    edit: his first 90 at Lords was a good knock, and he batted at three there.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 22-10-2013 at 03:26 AM.

  14. #1529
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    How much longer can McCullum keep batting like this, before questions start being asked about his position in the side? He's been rat**** ever since the tour of England (which I understand is just 4 matches, so it's not the end of the world). How long can a guy keep getting dismissed like this before people start wondering "hmm...I wonder whether he could be setting a better example for the rest of the team...".
    Depends. Is 'people' Mike Hesson or someone else?
    _Ed_ likes this.

  15. #1530
    International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    City of Sails
    Posts
    4,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Well if you remove the England home series, where he batted at six on fairly placid pitches, then his record over the past couple of years looks terrible.

    The home series was yet another false dawn, and while batting in the easiest conditions able to be designed, he still didn't score a ton. He's a poor mans McMillan, and McMillan was a downhill skier with a very flattering average.

    McCullum was an excellent gloveman, if not the best in the world, and for a few games he was a good opener and has been a good tactician as skipper as well. He's also a good final nail in the coffin once the hard work has been done.

    But he is not a specialist batsman long term, and he can't be relied upon under pressure unless the pitch is a road.

    edit: his first 90 at Lords was a good knock, and he batted at three there.
    He had a good home series against South Africa, which had some of the best bowling I've ever seen. Scored runs against England at home. Yeah, the pitches were flat, but if we used that excuse to exclude runs almost everyone would be ordinary. I also thought his away series against South Africa was quite underrated. He didn't score many runs, but he averaged 60+ balls per innings against Philander/Steyn and made it easier for guys like Brownlie to score runs later on.

    He's just a barely test standard batsman that's going to average in that 32-35 range for the rest of his career. That's enough to keep him in the team unfortunately.
    Last edited by Mike5181; 22-10-2013 at 03:45 AM.
    hendrix likes this.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013
    By NZTailender in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4383
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 04:05 AM
  2. ***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013
    By cricman in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 09:48 AM
  3. ***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013
    By cricman in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 31-03-2013, 11:49 PM
  4. ***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013
    By NZTailender in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7610
    Last Post: 30-03-2013, 04:14 PM
  5. **Official** England in New Zealand 2013
    By theegyptian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •