• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League Twenty20

Flem274*

123/5
de Boorder has been a bit messy behind the sticks today. Bit disappointing from someone rated as the best gloveman in the country by some.

Flem274*

123/5
Why have the words to that black and yellow song been changed to blue and yellow? I didn't know there was an Otago favouring version.

GGG

State Captain
Hmm McCullum, your brother bowled poor in the last game, bowled a shocking first over but hey lets give him another! McMillan not bowling out his 4 overs, he has been their best bowler. Unless he got an injury, this is terrible captaincy.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Any fleeting feelings I guilt I have that RTD is a hired gun disappear when I think about the 4 hired guns the Indian sides will have in their line ups.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Wish Otago wins the tournament, would be a big boost for them. They have a very balanced team, and the wickets will also be fresh coz its just the start of the season, so they won't be too troubled by spin bowlers, a decent chance for them..

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Any fleeting feelings I guilt I have that RTD is a hired gun disappear when I think about the 4 hired guns the Indian sides will have in their line ups.
After the year Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram were stolen from CD (When Ross was the main reason we qualified in the first place, along with the Mason/Napier opening combo which didn't eventuate either) I have precisely zero guilt about NZ teams containing hired guns. I wouldn't mind if we upped the limit from one or two(?) per HRV game to 3. I hope Jimmy McMillan cracks some IPL skulls in this tournament. Neither of the subcontinental sides have enjoyed the bounce Otago's quicks have generated so far and I want them to try and kill every IPL side they meet.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know story with Duffy? Match report I read was that McMillan only played in game 1 due to an injury to Duffy. E.g, anyone seen a report if what his injury is? And if he a chance of now playing the dead rubber v Hyderabad?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Otago's group has already been locked in before their final qualifying position btw, an arbitrary thing to do with 4/10 teams being Indian I guess.

20 September
(2.30am NZT)
Otago Volts
v
Sunrisers Hyderabad

Main Draw

23 September
(2.30am NZT)
Mumbai Indians
v
Otago Volts
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

25 September
(10.30pm NZT)
Perth Scorchers
v
Otago Volts
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur

29 September
(11.30pm NZT)
Highveld Lions
v
Otago Volts

1 October
(11.30pm NZT)
Rajasthan Royals
v
Otago Volts

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Otago's group has already been locked in before their final qualifying position btw, an arbitrary thing to do with 4/10 teams being Indian I guess.
I presume the thinking is that they want the 4 Indian teams split evenly between the two groups. It seems that the standards are pretty even across both groups, so once you've qualified it doesn't really matter whether you do so first or second.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Comms talking up Neesham as a huge prospect for an IPL contract already! Up to 143kph on the gun, his signature pull shot and lovely languid towering sixes over the on side getting a good run.

Oh boy, that six must be into 'the orange zone' for distance by the looks. Blue and yellow, blue and yellow. blue and yellow, blue and yellow. The wig, the glasses, the catchphrase - brilliant.

Extras catchphrase scene - YouTube

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good stuff Jimmy and Otago!

For the lads in Aus, all games are being shown on Ten or One, starting tonight from 12:30.