• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Vern Vs Ryano (Tests)

DDP

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Who is the better test bowler right now, and who'll end up with the better career?

Vernon-Philander_3.jpg
Tests: 16
batting avg: 22.75
bowling avg: 17.13

195622-ryan-harris.jpg
Tests: 16
batting avg: 18.29
bowling avg: 22.26

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Philander has age and a better injury record on his side in terms of having the better career, so I would say that's pretty clear-cut.

As for who's the best at this moment, though, that's much harder to call.

uvelocity

International Coach
id go philander, but he does have the advantage of partnering steyn, whereas rhino has had to do it all himself, and with less runs to play with to boot.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ryan doesn't exactly have to do it by himself. Peter Siddle is the best 1st change bowler in the world.

Harris has had one (admittedly excellent) series since injury. He's an amazing bowler but Philander's stats and consistency give him the edge.

In terms of pure bowling talent I think they're pretty even though. You'd want Philander on pitches with some nibble. I think Harris would be the more effective of the two on completely flat decks.

Ruckus

International Captain
Who'd end up with the better career!!? Are you kidding me? How is this even a fair contest. It's only a matter of time before Ryano's become extinct.