• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Furball's Greatest XI

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's a subject I've been thinking about over the last few weeks. Big thanks to Days of Grace for his excellent top 100 batsman series, which along with a couple of Sky's excellent features has reminded me of some of the great players I've been fortunate enough to enjoy playing this great game.

I'm going to tease people and name them one at a time. A word of warning, this list will be highly biased, and if you're going to come in here and argue stats, then kindly do me a favour and **** off.

Who knows, maybe it'll spark a few others to think about their greatest XIs. The first name will be revealed tomorrow, feel free to speculate until then...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Please don't leave it, I have a driving lesson Friday and it'll be distracting while I'm constantly refreshing the page in anticipation

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I assume you are releasing them in batting order? Additionally if you picking an ATG XI or just from players you have seen?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Watson
Gambhir
Kallis
Tendulkar
Some Australian
Some Indian
I don't actually know enough about GF to really do this
Ishant Sharma

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I expect at least five players to be labeled "**** ****s" by Furball when justifying their exclusion.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Watson
Gambhir
Kallis
Tendulkar
Some Australian
Some Indian
I don't actually know enough about GF to really do this
Ishant Sharma
Hahaha Ishant Sharma is actually massively out of place on that list, but not for the reasons most would think.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Samaraweera is completely inoffensive, Sreesanth is hilariously bad, Zaheer should be nowhere near that list and I can think of a much worse opening pair. Tendulkar's also kind of out of place as well.

But anyway, this isn't my most hated list, ****s.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In fact when I think about it Zaheer's quite possibly the first reserve quickie. Definitely makes my 2nd XI. So :p to you Cabinet.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You loved his last tour of England though. 50 average really summed up exactly how he went IIRC... :ph34r:
Nah, Samaraweera's series here and Watson's last 2 Ashes series are perfect examples of why looking at a series average in isolation is a particularly poor method of rating players.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Samaraweera is completely inoffensive, Sreesanth is hilariously bad, Zaheer should be nowhere near that list and I can think of a much worse opening pair. Tendulkar's also kind of out of place as well.

But anyway, this isn't my most hated list, ****s.

Looks like a most hated list of GF would be a lot more well received than this.. Take the hint.... ;)