• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Furball's Greatest XI

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I agree that someone else should do one of these. I'd do one but a I cbf and b half my players were picked by Furball. (Have picked my XI so will share it with you all one day)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well in fairness he was including the family in his post.

Really well done Furball, I'm not going to lie but I thought you would struggle to find 11 players that you like. I think the 5 man bowling unit you've picked is epic considering the era that you were selecting your players from. Great job.
Opening batsman were a real struggle. Sehwag probably would have made it a couple of years ago and for some reason Cook doesn't feel quite right in the side.

smash84

The Tiger King
Great exercise furball, loved the write ups. Pretty despicable team overall but the process to reach it was wonderful :).

Looking forward to baga's team now

uvelocity

International Coach
I agree that someone else should do one of these. I'd do one but a I cbf and b half my players were picked by Furball. (Have picked my XI so will share it with you all one day)
you didnt make my XI for no reason

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I went back and watched highlights of the 149 again recently. It is the most authoritative and absorbing innings I have ever seen, and I'm beginning to think it is his best. Considering the context around that innings, his place in the dressing room and the obvious 'me against the world' mentality he held when he went out to bat, which is evident in hindsight even as he is walking out, the way he purposefully and systematically dismantled and annihilated the best attack in the world was beyond incredible. I never got to see Viv Richards bat live, but this is exactly how the most romanticised descriptions of him seem in my head. Strutting out with a frightening focus and playing the most audacious shots to skillful and hostile bowling. Nobody else looked fully comfortable, and then he came out looking the most calm and full of intent I've ever seen him. The six he hit off Steyn over long-off is totally glorious. I'm not even a KP fanboy usually but that innings seemed to exist in isolation, it was totally unique.
Know what, when KP first burst on to the scene and performed heroically, I did flirt with the fantasy that KP is going to be VivViv Richards v2.0

cnerd123

likes this
Why does this **** get his own thread? I thought the ATG XI thread existed for a reason? Can we all do this?