• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test cricket draft: 1877-1938

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Dust off your statsgurus and Neville Cardus anecdotes, because we'll be facing the least-appreciated of all Test cricketers.

No restrictions of entry apart from taking the field in a Test match at least once between 1877 and 1938. Hutton, Grace et al. are all eligible despite playing relatively ****-all Tests in the period.

Will kick things off once we have at least ten draftees or midnight AEST, whichever comes first. Initial order is first come, first served.

Bonus option:

Bradman is the obvious elephant in the room. Consequently, you may choose to have Bradman in your XI (if it's your turn in the first round) but in doing so you will be last to pick in ALL successive rounds.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Not in, but I think that the "Bradman = last pick in all other rounds" rule is really good.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Should we take FC cricket into consideration as well? Given that for much of the period the County Championship was of nearly equal stature to Test cricket.

bagapath

International Captain
Wud love to be in if still open...

If not open, twist your rule and take me in somehow...

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round 1 Draft:

1. morgieb
2. Chubb
3. Monk
4. Howe_zat
5. AndyZaltzHair
6. Samuel_Vimes
7. fredfertang
8. Coronis
9. Pothas
10. bagapath
11. LongHopCassidy

First off the rank is morgieb. Y'all have 12 hours grace.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** it, Bradman

The punishment does not outweigh the reward here I feel, given the era specified.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why is this thread dead? Is it my turn to pick?
Joke number 1: All the players that anyone has ever heard of have already been chosen.

Joke number 2: In keeping up with the era that the draft is involved in, LHC has decided that all contestants are to use a feather ink pen and send a letter to him with there choices.