• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Funnies

NikhilN

International Regular
What do you think are the funniest cricket moments?

Mine are:

TVS Cup...India vs NZ.Kartik bowls and bowl slips out of his hand and McMillen asks the umpire if he can still hit it and he hits it right to the fielder and he almost got run out.
Npower 2002. India vs England.Flintoff dancing in the field
World Cup 99 South Africa vs Australia.Donalds run out

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2003 WC.

Snyman bowls to Younis Khan and the balls slips from his hand going a good 5 or 6 feet off the pitch.

With a quick eye, Khan ran across and smashed it through the covers for 4.
-----------------------------------------------
Day 1, West Indies v South Africa.

Jacques Rudolph chasing down a ball off the bat of Vasbert Drakes and executing a great slide to save a boundary. However, when getting up, his pants dropped and as the commentators said:

"Well, we know what Jacques Rudolph got for Christmas."
Sourav Ganguly adjusting his box midinnings v Sri Lanka.

The players crowded around to save him from international scrutiny provided by the cameras.

The women in the crowd went crazy with laughter and use of binoculars.

krkode

State Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

The players crowded around to save him from international scrutiny provided by the cameras.

Wow, wish I'd seen that! :lol:

And Sachin, McMillan once did something very similar to Phil Tuffnel in England a couple of years ago. Ball stops in mid-pitch, he came up and cracked it for 4 though :P

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Wish i had seen that :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
krkode said:
Wow, wish I'd seen that! :lol:

And Sachin, McMillan once did something very similar to Phil Tuffnel in England a couple of years ago. Ball stops in mid-pitch, he came up and cracked it for 4 though :P
I remember that, only trouble for McMillian if I recall correctly was after reaching the sqaure leg umpire to actually hit the ball it was so far off the sqaure the umpire decided to call it a dead ball.

krkode

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Is there something you should be telling us, Vish (and Kode)?

Don't worry, we're open-minded... :)
:lol: No, no, nothing to say. Just that it sounds like a hilarious scene to watch. Players surrounding another while he adjusts...Never heard of such a thing before...:duh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Fanie De Villiers running in and bowling a paper cup at Murray Goodwin..

Saw Rudolph's trousers coming down lol, worrying the commentators sounded rather enthusiastic!

Langeveldt

Soutie
sachintendulkar said:
World Cup 99 South Africa vs Australia.Donalds run out

Thats not even funny in hindsight!! I burst into tears, it was made even worse because I thought South Africa still had Steve Elworthy to bat, but they didnt...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought that the Brett Lee / Adam Gilchrist mistake to allow Sehwag off the hook a couple of days ago was quite hysterical, but the 'trousers' incident yesterday was as good as any I've seen in a year or two.

DD's favourite has to be the 'West Indian slip cordon' in WC2003 against Bangladesh - the one where catch after catch was spilled, and all Carl Hooper did was to keep moving Chris Gayle from first slip to second and back again. The look on Mervyn Dillon's face when one went down (a dolly, like they all were) was absolutely priceless.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
This happened 5 minutes ago....

Jacques Kallis facing Fidel Edwards

Short ball, whacked in the box (always amusing). The commentator (not sure who) said "That's enough to bring a tear to a glass eye".

A couple of moments later, he added... "Three balls remaining!"

There you have it - proof that Kallis is in fact super-human

Bazza

International 12th Man
Found it amusing the other day when Shaun Pollock dropped short and was pulled for 4. He then replied with an even shorter one which the batsman (Drakes I think) ducked. The commentator then said it would be followed by a full one outside off and a slower ball, which it was. He pointed out how predictable fast bowlers were!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Re: Re: Re: The Funnies

marc71178 said:
Oh dear, was One upset and had to cry with one's chums in the dorm? ;)

One was at state school at the time... Your beginning to sound like neil you bloody pikies...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Funnies

Langeveldt said:
One was at state school at the time... Your beginning to sound like neil you bloody pikies...
Oh dear,has one's cage been rattled? ;)

What is a Pikie that one speaks of?