• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Aussies in Aussie domestic season?

brockley

International Captain
Robson yes,he been picked for NSW first Future cup game.
Jaques yes both our openers Henry and Dawson failed,welcome back Phil.
Hogan yes WA's leading bowler last season,the spearhead.
Allenby good chance West Aussie missing Marsh and Voges in October and Hilton Cartwright is a rookie allrounder.
Steve Crook good chance at Redbacks 1 settled pacer for 4 dayers,1 for one dayers.
Sam Hain a chance for the QLD Futures' team.
Mitch Claydon no NSW,probably play in NZ again.
Callam Thorp no WA too old,mostly in Durham 2nds.
Mascarenhas retiring.
Stewart Walters a chance in WA if score runs in grade,october WA very weak,have to recall North.
Angus Robson in Leicester 2nd xl,not got runs in Sydney grade.
Ambrose,Jones,Johnson and Eskinaz nope all states got decent wickies,unless Ambrose plays as a batsmen.
Ervine played 2 seasons at WA,could return.
Cameron Steel been poor at Middlesex 2nd xl would be aiming for WA 2nd xl.

Best chances Robson,Jaques,Hogan,Allenby,Ervine and Crook.Players could always play interstate.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Langer will be thrilled to get Hogan back, best number eleven ever

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ervine was an overseas guy wasnt he? Generally that's a good list of all the possible players. I dont think too many will play though. Robson, Hogan & the young kids like Hain.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ervine was an overseas guy wasnt he? Generally that's a good list of all the possible players. I dont think too many will play though. Robson, Hogan & the young kids like Hain.
Yeah the rule changes are completely irrelevant to Ervine; he could always play in Australia as an overseas player if he wanted to and a team wanted to select him as one. You still can't play as a local in two countries either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon Jaques might get a go if it gets down to using the likes of Dawson and Cruickshank again but it probably shouldn't this season.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They can only play one overseas player anyway, right? So I can't see anyone other than Robson and Hogan (plus Goofers if he comes back) playing in the Shield.

Allenby and Crook would be decent 3rd overseas T20 signings though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They can only play one overseas player anyway, right? So I can't see anyone other than Robson and Hogan (plus Goofers if he comes back) playing in the Shield.
Yep. Assume the same rule applies to the Futures League (eg both robsons couldnt play in there, not that I think NSW would be so inclined)

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Magoffin moved permanently to England I thought, doubt he'd be interested in coming back