• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kyle Jarvis quits Zimbabwe to sign multi-million dollar deal with GWS Giants

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting decision as Im not convinced he will cut it in County cricket. May be asking to be let back in to the Zim setup in 2-3 years.
Not sure that's true. He did very well in New Zealand FC cricket a couple of years ago (31 wickets at 21), and his style of bowling is just made for early English summer conditions. Give him a year or two working in a fully professional environment with good coaching and I reckon he could come along in leaps and bounds.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure that's true. He did very well in New Zealand FC cricket a couple of years ago (31 wickets at 21), and his style of bowling is just made for early English summer conditions. Give him a year or two working in a fully professional environment with good coaching and I reckon he could come along in leaps and bounds.
In my defense, I was thinking of Keegan Meth :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For those who haven't seen much of him:

Can seriously bowl. Will have no problems cementing a place in the county setup IMO.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Interested how Essex is the best example. You very well may be right. I left the UK 13 years ago and it didnt have that reputation then. Back then a good pro could get 10k + accommodation, car and flights with perhaps an additional job, some coaching and some money set behind the bar. It could all be rather comfortable for 6 months.

I am not sure how the income has changed or if Essex is now the big spender as opposed to the Northern leagues. However, I do know the tax man is now looking at overseas pros far closely than he was in the 90s.
Well, I only really know about the leagues near me, and have little knowledge of the Northern Leagues. I've spoken to a fair few Essex lads whose teams pay players well though, and we had an Essex guy come over to our club this season who wanted to get paid, so it's clearly part of the culture.

You could get paid a reasonable amount in Surrey as well actually, so I don't really know why I singled out Essex.

King Pietersen

International Captain
For those who haven't seen much of him:

Can seriously bowl. Will have no problems cementing a place in the county setup IMO.
That's a seriously good spell of bowling. Can't bowl a much better delivery than that to a night watchman, Roach had no idea. Looking forward to seeing how he goes in County Cricket!

Riggins

International Captain
i think it's just the arm position / first part of follow through on those ones where he's trying to reverse it that reminds me.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
That spell against the Windies was fun to watch. Would like to see more of the NZL footage too.

I like this embedding thing, only way I can watch YT stuff at work.

91Jmay

International Coach

That's some of his NZ stuff, gets in close to the stumps and bowls wicket to wicket if those two 5fers are anything to go by. Should do well in CC.

Last edited: