• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand A Tour of India and Sri Lanka

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Good observation by Banger. He's given more than a decade to the system, so he's come up the hard way, and has earned every India cap. Let Chand also do the same. Definitely, Jagga and JJ were unlucky not to get both matches, just because Crown Prince had to be played in both- Pepsi compulsion?

Colobos the Crab. I'll remember that handle.
Crown Prince indeed. It's criminal that he already has a Pepsi sponsorship deal. And for the stink I raised about jagadeesh, unmukt didn't belong in an A-level first class match. Limited overs, sure. But for fc cricket, he needs to learn the ropes. Too much obsession with u19 players, that too the wrong ones. At least Baba did well in Ranji too

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bradburn promising a "best possible XI" I notice, watch for that.

Beyond the tighter pitch maps, has Henry shaken off the winter rust with can-do attitude like Kuggs has, etc. Does Bracewell's good batting and overs under his belt get him in the XI ahead of Milne. Does Gillespie's surprisingly low ER on tour with outswingers get him a run.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Crown Prince indeed. It's criminal that he already has a Pepsi sponsorship deal. And for the stink I raised about jagadeesh, unmukt didn't belong in an A-level first class match. Limited overs, sure. But for fc cricket, he needs to learn the ropes. Too much obsession with u19 players, that too the wrong ones. At least Baba did well in Ranji too

“Beauty is a form of Genius - is higher, indeed, than Genius, as it needs no explanation...”

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Very consciously competent young seamer, Sandeep Sharma. Could see him outfoxing some of our bats for sure.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
#StarSports to air #IndiaA vs New Zealand A 3 ODI series starting today at 9:00 AM. Next matches on Sept 10 and Sept 12 at the same time
Don't get too fancy trying to see it from NZ. Might boot up the oldest junker I can find later. :p

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
@captainshanky
India A XI: Unmukt (capt), Uthappa, Tare (wk), Menaria, Mandeep, Baby, Jadhav, Rahul Sharma, Dhawal, Wagh, Sandeep Sharma

New Zealand A: Ronchi (wk), Devcich, Cachopa, Latham, Anderson, Munro, Mitchell, Ellis (capt), Sodhi, Milne, Henry.
Stubbornly persist against Siddons' word on Ronchi opening, still think it can really work on a flat one.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ A going with the tried and tested NZ approach of selecting:
2 wicketkeepers
6 all-rounders
3 bowlers

MULTI-SKILLS

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Good movement through the air for Sandeep, Devcich playing pretty well.

Will leave this recording while I'm out, if something happens people want to see some low-res video of.

Flem274*

123/5
151/5, our favourite and inevitable score. Munro's dismissal doesn't make for good reading.

Mitchell not coming in before Anderson and Munro is unexpected. He's always batted at 4 for ND.

Flem274*

123/5
6 down now..

judging by the rate we're scoring there probably isn't too many demons in the pitch, but that's not really a fair comment without seeing any play. I hope Mitchell, Ellis and the bowlers can get us something respectable. Have a bad feeling it won't be enough though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Have you got an computer you're prepared to take into the dangerous iLivid woods?

Check Phlegm274 Youtube PMs.