Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 430
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

  1. #61
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,031
    okay, so my prediction was a little off the mark
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  2. #62
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,006
    Not sure why a bowler was batting ahead of Waller but ok

  3. #63
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Not sure why a bowler was batting ahead of Waller but ok
    Maruma is a batsman these days. Barely bowls at all. Why he actually gets selected in the national side given that fact is completely beyond me but he's picked as a batsman. He made his Test debut recently and opened the batting in both innings but didn't bowl.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.


  4. #64
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,006
    I see. Should've realised something was up when I didn't see him amongst the bowling figures.


  5. #65
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Maruma is a batsman these days. Barely bowls at all. Why he actually gets selected in the national side given that fact is completely beyond me but he's picked as a batsman. He made his Test debut recently and opened the batting in both innings but didn't bowl.
    He barely bats at all either. Complete waste of a selection. Simply walks to the crease. Scatches around on the pitch like a chicken for a few deliveries, gets out and walks back. Job done

  6. #66
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    161
    Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams has been reprimanded after pleading guilty to a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during Zimbabwe’s first T20I against Pakistan in Harare on Friday.

    The charge related to an incident in Zimbabwe’s innings when Williams, after being given out in the 14th over, left the wicket shaking his head, speaking aloud and hitting his bat into the ground.

    The range of permissible sanctions for all first Level 1 offences is a warning or reprimand and/or the imposition of a fine of up to 50 per cent of the applicable match fee.

    Zimbabwe?s Sean Williams reprimanded for showing dissent | News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

    I'd say that he'll get a warning as Zimbabwe players don't get paid a match fee. Even with the new deal with the players association about getting a match fee, I don't believe it's been implemented yet.

  7. #67
    International Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    6,400
    doesn't sound like much of an offence to me tbh, hopefully he just gets a warning
    There are two colours in my head

    Sugarealm

  8. #68
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,031
    so pakistan win the toss and elect to bat

  9. #69
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,031
    10 overs 41/0. Pak batting is so awesome

  10. #70
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Chook Herron View Post
    Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams has been reprimanded after pleading guilty to a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during Zimbabwe’s first T20I against Pakistan in Harare on Friday.

    The charge related to an incident in Zimbabwe’s innings when Williams, after being given out in the 14th over, left the wicket shaking his head, speaking aloud and hitting his bat into the ground.

    The range of permissible sanctions for all first Level 1 offences is a warning or reprimand and/or the imposition of a fine of up to 50 per cent of the applicable match fee.

    Zimbabwe?s Sean Williams reprimanded for showing dissent | News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

    I'd say that he'll get a warning as Zimbabwe players don't get paid a match fee. Even with the new deal with the players association about getting a match fee, I don't believe it's been implemented yet.
    You'd think most incidents like that in most internationals are barely even noticed at all. Be very disappointed if he got anything worse than a warning.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if you’re going to be rubbish, make sure it’s against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

  11. #71
    International Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    6,400
    ohh, good start for Zim, could be interesting with Ajmal later though

  12. #72
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,040
    Sibanda having a good hard look at that bat.

  13. #73
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,666
    Good, platform-setting one-day batting so far. But you suspect they'll fall away as the gradient steepens, to use the cycling parlance.

  14. #74
    International Captain Maximas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Footmarks
    Posts
    6,400
    100 up, game well and truly in the balance here, Ajmal still with 8 overs to bowl though, run-rate creeping up too

  15. #75
    Hall of Fame Member TT Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16,588
    Masakadza still boss.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official **** Pakistan in Zimbabwe
    By Agent Nationaux in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 20-09-2011, 12:39 PM
  2. *Official* Match 33 - Pakistan v Zimbabwe
    By James in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 14-03-2011, 06:11 PM
  3. ***Official*** Zimbabwe in Pakistan
    By TT Boy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 06:16 AM
  4. *Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Tests & ODIs
    By Gotchya in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 06:43 AM
  5. *Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Test Series
    By Gotchya in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 16-11-2002, 01:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •