• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

Fusion

Global Moderator
Aug 23, 2013
1st T20I: Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare
(13:30 local | 11:30 GMT | 07:30 EDT | 06:30 CDT | 04:30 PDT)

Aug 24, 2013
2nd T20I: Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare
(13:30 local | 11:30 GMT | 07:30 EDT | 06:30 CDT | 04:30 PDT)

Aug 27, 2013
1st ODI: Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare
(09:30 local | 07:30 GMT | 03:30 EDT | 02:30 CDT | 00:30 PDT)

Aug 29, 2013
2nd ODI: Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare

Aug 31, 2013
3rd ODI: Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare

Tue Sep 3 - Sat Sep 7
1st Test - Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare
(08:00 GMT | 10:00 local | 04:00 EDT | 03:00 CDT | 01:00 PDT)

Tue Sep 10 - Sat Sep 14
2nd Test - Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Queens Sports Club
(08:00 GMT | 10:00 local | 04:00 EDT | 03:00 CDT | 01:00 PDT)

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
According to Cricinfo there are two Tests, on the 3rd and 10th of September. There's a Test squad too:

Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Asad Shafiq, Khurram Manzoor, Adnan Akmal (wk), Faisal Iqbal, Younis Khan, Azhar Ali, Junaid Khan, Wahab Riaz, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Rahat Ali, Ehsan Adil

Farhat has since pulled out of the tour for "personal reasons". Faisal Iqbal has failed to opt out for integrity reasons. Otherwise it looks like a full strength side.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be a closer more exciting series than the ashes anyway. Decent home pace attack v a dodgy away batting line up could make it interesting. Pakistan/Ajmal should win though but might be a little tougher than they expect. Just hope I find a dodgy stream to watch it on.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
According to Cricinfo there are two Tests, on the 3rd and 10th of September. There's a Test squad too:

Farhat has since pulled out of the tour for "personal reasons". Faisal Iqbal has failed to opt out for integrity reasons. Otherwise it looks like a full strength side.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Don't see how these 2 pulling out would effect the team negatively tbh, shame Faisal won't, 2 of the crappiest players going around, I also have no idea where Jamshed is, he looked OK at times in SA, he is probably the future at the top of the order too.

smash84

The Tiger King
The amount of criticism that the selection for this tour has earned probably has something to do with Farhat opting out. Faisal Iqbal didn't have columns upon columns in newspapers written on him so I suppose his thick skin didn't allow him to opt out.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I also have no idea where Jamshed is, he looked OK at times in SA, he is probably the future at the top of the order too.
He's in the ODI squad, just not the test squad. I agree that he does look like the future of the Pakistan batting line up. Despite an ordinary series in South Africa, I think Pakistan should persist with him as a test batsmen. One of the few Pakistan batters that looks like he could play well outside the sub-continent

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't see how these 2 pulling out would effect the team negatively tbh, shame Faisal won't, 2 of the crappiest players going around, I also have no idea where Jamshed is, he looked OK at times in SA, he is probably the future at the top of the order too.
Yeah I'm with you, I was just having a dig at Faisal.

I'm probably being overly dismissive of a guy who has had a good couple of domestic seasons but really, there needs to come a time when you move on.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No Harris Sohail either, really disappointing from the PCB, I do wonder what their plan going forward is

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No Harris Sohail either, really disappointing from the PCB, I do wonder what their plan going forward is
Don't see the problem, Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali should be around for a while. They clearly see something in Manzoor too, seen worse squads, should be a solider line-up than they have had.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't see the problem, Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali should be around for a while. They clearly see something in Manzoor too, seen worse squads, should be a solider line-up than they have had.
There are no young batsmen in the squad who aren't already established at test level, the bowlers are also the standard test bowlers, this tour should've been about development, not consolidation and continuity.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There are no young batsmen in the squad who aren't already established at test level, the bowlers are also the standard test bowlers, this tour should've been about development, not consolidation and continuity.
Nah Zimbabwe away is a potential bananaskin for a team that hasn't played a lot of Test cricket recently as we saw at times last time Pakistan toured. They don't have a packed schedule so going full strength was the right call.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Zimbabwe away is a potential bananaskin for a team that hasn't played a lot of Test cricket recently as we saw at times last time Pakistan toured. They don't have a packed schedule so going full strength was the right call.
hmm, perhaps, but I still think it's unforgivable to pick failing older batsmen at the expense of young prospects who were performing at FC level on a Zim tour

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, never sure why people talk about youngsters, if they fail, which is quite possible with a couple of decent seamers for Zim, then that's poor, if they succeed it'll be "oh it's only against Zim". Pick your best team unless you are playing an exorbitant amount of matches and certain guys need resting. I'd say Pakistani's pace bowling is pretty exciting too.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, never sure why people talk about youngsters, if they fail, which is quite possible with a couple of decent seamers for Zim, then that's poor, if they succeed it'll be "oh it's only against Zim". Pick your best team unless you are playing an exorbitant amount of matches and certain guys need resting. I'd say Pakistani's pace bowling is pretty exciting too.
Same could be said of the likes of Faisal Iqbal, would rather see young talent that is untested at international level given a go than this ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Faisal Iqbal is a terrible selection but that has little to do with his age or the opposition and everything to do with the fact that he's a proven failure with a modest domestic record who the selectors jump at any excuse to select. He's just not very good.