Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Well I am not sure how much you follow Pakistan's cricket but in case you didn't realize, the problem is not with the bowling but with the batting hence my criticism was directed at the batsmen. I brought up Ajmal and Khan because both of these players have repeatedly talked about their aspirations and goals and how much they want to prove themselves at the highest level. I haven't heard Ali or Rehman express similar sentiments, but maybe they do without expressing them. which is fair enough.
    The failure of Shafiq and Azhar Ali is simply a case of lack of hard work and dedication. I can say this positively because I have not seen any improvement or changes in their skill set since they started and I have seen them quite closely since they made their debuts, in the case of Shafiq earlier than that.
    A cricketer at this level has to work constantly to upgrade their skill set or else you will be left behind..so many players who failed to upgrade were left out in the cold, Gautam Gambhir, Michael Slater, Morgan, Sehwag come to mind.
    Both Shafiq and Ali had demonstrated some level of skill and temperament when they started which is why they made it this far but unfortunately, with their failure to work on their flaws and develop their game, the opposition has caught up with them. And if you are not working hard enough to develop your game, then your aspirations are not as high as an international athlete's should be.
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 16-09-2013 at 03:27 AM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I'm just going to quote this again and if you don't understand and accept that it was an unfair comment then I cbf.

the players barring Younis, Misbah, Ajmal and perhaps Junaid Khan are definitely more interested in the T20 leagues around the world

Sorry Your Majesty
    I beg your forgiveness,
    I missed two words "most of" in that sentence. The sentence should not mean to suggest most of the players barring Younis, Misbah, Junaid and Ajmal,
    Please also note mind that this does include players in the current squad plus players who have been in the last few squads to West Indies, Champions Trophy, South Africa etc and the post was a criticism of not just the current test match but Pakistan team's performance over the last 2 years
    I apologise once again for this gross error on my part and if this reckless error caused any hurt or offence.
    I will make sure all my written communication with you in the near future are proof read by my editor and checked for any legal repercussion by my solicitor.
    I hope that that the defamation caused to the glowing reputations of Rehman and Ali by my senseless and reckless post does not cause them to sue me.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I also have only heard Junaid and Ajmal mention test cricket as the pinnacle. The rest haven't said anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    played the first two test in SA, scored a good 40 odd in the second dig of the first game but was otherwise poor, looks to be the new Saeed Anwar
    heart Anwar.

Great player.

Really, Jamshed has a lot of potential. Should at least be in the squad IMO.

Totally.

Yes its true that Jamshed failed badly in South Africa and has some technical flaws however considering the opportunities that were given to crap players like Hafeez and Farhat, surely he could have been given a longer go?

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Jamshed definitely deserved a longer run. For gods sake, I'd say 95% of the batsmen today would have had a poor series considering the conditions and how Steyn and Philander were bowling. And to drop him on the basis of ODI performances is just brain dead, yet it's something which happens way too often. Hope he doesn't turn into Pakistan's Rohit Sharma... He's suffered the same treatment for years

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Would be interesting to see how it rates using DoG's system. I'm sure the strength of the bowling will detract from it.
    Confirmation: Younis' innings was the 26th greatest innings of all time up to the present, rating 18.94 (12.5 qualifies as "Great", and the highest rating was 26.42)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information