Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    There are no young batsmen in the squad who aren't already established at test level, the bowlers are also the standard test bowlers, this tour should've been about development, not consolidation and continuity.
    Nah Zimbabwe away is a potential bananaskin for a team that hasn't played a lot of Test cricket recently as we saw at times last time Pakistan toured. They don't have a packed schedule so going full strength was the right call.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Nah Zimbabwe away is a potential bananaskin for a team that hasn't played a lot of Test cricket recently as we saw at times last time Pakistan toured. They don't have a packed schedule so going full strength was the right call.
    hmm, perhaps, but I still think it's unforgivable to pick failing older batsmen at the expense of young prospects who were performing at FC level on a Zim tour
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Indeed, never sure why people talk about youngsters, if they fail, which is quite possible with a couple of decent seamers for Zim, then that's poor, if they succeed it'll be "oh it's only against Zim". Pick your best team unless you are playing an exorbitant amount of matches and certain guys need resting. I'd say Pakistani's pace bowling is pretty exciting too.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Indeed, never sure why people talk about youngsters, if they fail, which is quite possible with a couple of decent seamers for Zim, then that's poor, if they succeed it'll be "oh it's only against Zim". Pick your best team unless you are playing an exorbitant amount of matches and certain guys need resting. I'd say Pakistani's pace bowling is pretty exciting too.
    Same could be said of the likes of Faisal Iqbal, would rather see young talent that is untested at international level given a go than this ****

Faisal Iqbal is a terrible selection but that has little to do with his age or the opposition and everything to do with the fact that he's a proven failure with a modest domestic record who the selectors jump at any excuse to select. He's just not very good.

Not too keen on Manzoor and Adnan Akmal ahead of Umar Akmal either tbh, but I can understand the selectors picking a full strength team after the SA tour though now that I think about it

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    There are no young batsmen in the squad who aren't already established at test level, the bowlers are also the standard test bowlers, this tour should've been about development, not consolidation and continuity.

should have liked the post back then but my then I had selected this already and moved on to the next page
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Rahat Ali is another left-armer, right? Anyone ever played an attack of three left arm quicks before?
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Pakistan themselves did it in the Champions Trophy, but I don't know about tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Rahat is a decent prospect. But he does have the habit of bowling **** a few times in the over.

Really want to see Talha and Sadaf playing a test.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Is Sadaf his real name, or just something people told him to do so much he just accepted it

after another player boycott Zimbabwe is settled again, the country really is in a shambles cricketwise though
    Last edited by Maximas; 16-08-2013 at 07:49 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    ZC treat their players like crap and their finances, corruption and incomptence will continue to see player boycotts in the future.

absolutely, not saying it's the players fault at all

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Is Sadaf his real name, or just something people told him to do so much he just accepted it
    His name is probably the biggest reason he doesn't get selected

It is like a guy in the West named Jane

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information