• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CA consider Dual Passports.

91Jmay

International Coach
There was an article earlier on this year about how those two had decided they wanted to play for England. If I was England I would give Robson an ODI appearance to in the next series to ward Australia off.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doubt anyone need worry, from the press it's pretty clear who Robson has hitched his wagon to. Would be quite close to getting a game on performance anyway you'd think?

benchmark00

Doubt anyone need worry, from the press it's pretty clear who Robson has hitched his wagon to. Would be quite close to getting a game on performance anyway you'd think?
From what I've read he'd play for whoever asked him first, but he's just not willing to sacrifice playing county cricket to play Shield cricket, but he'd be happy to play both.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Well, CA could just throw some money and a guaranteed Test spot his way. I mean, that's the way to get the best out of blokes, right?

EDIT: TheRoar. Oh man.
I know what he is saying and he makes some valid points but the throw a central contract and assuring him his place in the side is silly. He isn't the messiah, a good young prospect with a strong technique. I think he'd play for Aus though, and to be honest I would say it is more likely especially if he can carry on playing CC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He needs to back up this year with another good one next IMO - Lions maybe the place for him this winter, certainly wouldn't like to see him on tour ahead of people who have played consistently well over more than just a handful of games.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Great stuff. Never really understood why we effectively ban Australian citizens like Jaques, Robson etc from playing First Class cricket in Australia. Surely if you are a dual passport holder, you should be permitted to play in both countries.

Spikey

Because the rule that they are thinking of removing states that an Australian born player cant play as an overseas player in the shield. Darren Pattinson could though.

91Jmay

International Coach
What's the logic behind that rule? Aus not want to run the risk of dual passporters honing there skills in SS then playing for someone else?

morgieb

Because the rule that they are thinking of removing states that an Australian born player cant play as an overseas player in the shield. Darren Pattinson could though.
Pattinson wasn't born in Australia though.

Spikey

that was the point i was making bud

What's the logic behind that rule? Aus not want to run the risk of dual passporters honing there skills in SS then playing for someone else?
I can only assume it's a rule literally decades old.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah exactly. That's the whole point of what's happening in this thread. Robson won't be able to play as a local player in both England in Australia if they go ahead with the proposed changes but he will be able to play as an overseas player in Australia and a local in England, which he can't currently for reasons I'm yet to figure out.

91Jmay

International Coach
not sure if making joke or england is two injuries away from lol
We are talking about the county season you utter muppet, not prospective England batsmen. Joyce has been outstanding and Ballance is a very good prospect. Embarrassing post from you.