• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Other Leg Theory

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It has been a long time since I have taken my umpires exam but I can't see why, under the laws of the game, this has not been tried before - at least in desperation.

Why not a right arm quick go round the wicket, pack the leg side field and bowl full tosses on middle and leg to the right handed batsman? There is a decent chance of LBW as people can fall over and miss them and have little experience facing it.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Surely a good, settled batsman, could just step to leg and hit it through the vacant off-side? Test match cricket doesn't work like EA Sports Cricket 2007.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
"The other leg" sounds like a euphemism for the male member, tbh.

Thought Goughy was going to being advocating aiming at the batsman's winkle.