• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why oh why Sky?

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Now, I don't know who else this affects but I'm posting anyway.
Where I am living just now I only have Cable television, not digital or otherwise therefore I only have access to Sky Sports 1,2 and 3.
This is why I was very annoyed this morning to have been watching South Africa v West Indies for a number of hours, after watching Australia v India before that. However, for my own reasons, I was rather more into the SA/WI game only to discover that at Midday, the play was switching to Sky Sports Extra because football was coming on.
This isn't the first time this has happened and it annoys the absolute hell out of me every time. To annoy me even more I have discovered through television listings (therefore subject to change) that there will be ONE hour of the SA/WI game on Saturday morning before they switch to Extra for the remainder of the days play.
Now, I am a huge England supporter and love watching entire England games on Sky but I would also like to watch entire South Africa games (or whoever may be playing).
The game could easily have switched to Sky Sports 3 this morning, I discovered that on this channel there was a repeat of some Stunt Biking from the USA (I think) and while I realise that there are fans of this sport, as a prerecorded item, it could have been shown at any time while Live cricket could have been shown before it. As Sky Sports 2 was a live footie match and Sky Sports 1 was the football programme, I do feel that the majority of people in the UK would have preferred a bit more cricket to stunt biking, especially if they, like me, had already been watching the cricket!
Moan moan moan! Call me Mona!
:!( :lol:

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Well then halsey, imagine life without Sky Sports Extra! Yes, it would be THAT bad. :O

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Hmm no, because you see, I quite often am trotting off to cricket games so I do see a lot.

However, when I am stuck here, in the UK over winter I find cricket hard to come by. Here we have Australia and India playing, New Zealand and Pakistan and South Africa and West Indies. Six teams and I can watch two of them if I stay up all night. Or I can set my alarm and watch one hour of the game I want to watch.