• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Monty's Revenge

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Monty Panesar PEES on bouncers

Monty Panesar was fined by police after urinating on bouncers outside a Brighton nightclub on Monday night.Panesar was celebrating his team's Ashes success in the beachfront Shooshh nightclub but was asked to leave following complaints that he had been hassling women in the bar.

The 31-year-old then urinated on the club's door staff from the promenade above the waterfront venue's entrance. The doormen chased him into a nearby pizza restaurant as Panesar yelled 'Help! Help!' He was then hauled back to the club where he was held for 45 minutes and police were alerted. They later fined him £90.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said: 'A 31-year-old man received a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly after being seen urinating in public near the Shooshh Club in King's Road Arches, Brighton, around 4.13am on Monday.' Panesar was in England's squad for the third Ashes Test at Old Trafford but did not feature in the XI.

His county have launched an investigation and a statement said: 'Sussex County Cricket Club can confirm that an incident took place involving Monty Panesar in the early hours of Monday August 5.

'The matter is under full investigation and the club will make no further comment at this stage.' Panesar's spokesperson added: 'Monty would like to apologise unreservedly for any offence caused.'

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This is just too unbelievable to be true.......I mean Monty?? Monty Panesar FFS??? Sorry, just can't get my head around it.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Most surprising part of the article for me, was that he was hassling women in the bar. I mean, why does he need to hassle girls? Who could possibly say no to this face?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
heard this yesterday from my brother in law and thought it was bs but it seems legit now. Pretty crazy behaviour for a professional athlete. It is hilarious that he was thrown out of a club for hassling girls, how many international professional athletes would have to hassle girls and then how many would be thrown out for it by a club if someone complained. Hope he plays in the ashes and we can get some 12th man commentary about dribbling down his leg side
What's this dvd of his?

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
heard this yesterday from my brother in law and thought it was bs but it seems legit now. Pretty crazy behaviour for a professional athlete. It is hilarious that he was thrown out of a club for hassling girls, how many international professional athletes would have to hassle girls and then how many would be thrown out for it by a club if someone complained. Hope he plays in the ashes and we can get some 12th man commentary about dribbling down his leg side
What's this dvd of his?
Let's call him a sportsman rather than an athlete

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Bizarre story start to finish, but what I don't get is........after Monty unloaded on these bouncers they chased him down and caught him right?? I cannot believe that there is a bouncer alive that would not knock ten barrels of **** out of any bloke that has just pissed all over him. Is Monty in a hospital ward right now??

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For most sportsmen I'd be surprised that they couldn't outrun a bouncer. Monty probably not so much.

fredfertang

Take it from one who knows, when you get to a certain age and someone has been plying you with diuretic substances there are times when you just have to let it go, as a matter of extreme urgency

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bizarre story start to finish, but what I don't get is........after Monty unloaded on these bouncers they chased him down and caught him right?? I cannot believe that there is a bouncer alive that would not knock ten barrels of **** out of any bloke that has just pissed all over him. Is Monty in a hospital ward right now??
Because the headline would have been "bouncers set about poor Monty" and would have reflected extremely badly on the nightclub.

If Panesar wasn't famous then he'd have had the **** kicked out of him.

harsh.ag

Some of us might be thinking, would this have ever happened to a white member of the national side? The girls complaining about the guy must surely happen, but would Swann ever be asked to leave the nightclub because of that? Don't know the whole story here obviously, so want to keep this as low key as possible. Maybe he was angry for perceived racial abuse. No excuse for urinating on the bouncers though, that was insane!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Some of us might be thinking, would this have ever happened to a white member of the national side? The girls complaining about the guy must surely happen, but would Swann ever be asked to leave the nightclub because of that? Don't know the whole story here obviously, so want to keep this as low key as possible. Maybe he was angry for perceived racial abuse. No excuse for urinating on the bouncers though, that was insane!
Obvious troll is obvious.