Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen - The Top 25

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    If you check the original post in this thread, you'll see that strike-rate for 50+ scores is part of the formula.
    Somehow missed that, my apologies.

Great Work regardless as I have noted.
    Days of Grace likes this.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Inzamam is just trolling all of us now
    smalishah84 and ankitj like this.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Looks like Dravid's taken a big hit for playing on for too long despite a great 2011. I am sure the same will follow for the likes of Tendulkar and Ponting and perhaps a few others. (I personally think that after a certain point in an ATG's career, the decline in his personal standards, relatively speaking, shouldn't be marked down as much since the ATG's already achieved everything and it is particularly unfair if you compare him to guys who retire relatively early (say 36 instead of 38/39) and benefit by keeping their Avgs intact...).

Honestly don't believe that Dravid deserves to be ranked 20th but still good effort nonetheless given that you have already incorporated a heck a lot of things into your programme
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Another thing to note here is that--

Dravid's raw final avg of 52 has come about after playing 70 Tests at home and 94 Tests away, including 69 Tests outside the Sub-continent
    In contrast, Sangakkara's raw avg of 56, for example, has been made possible after 67 Tests at home and 50 Tests away (including only 32 Tests outside Asia).

I don't know if you took this sort of thing into account?

Another thing that might've cost Dravid is he might have not scored too many runs in match saving draws, and instead just played a HUGE number of balls to save the game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yes centurymaker...Dravid didn't make the top 15. It is alright. Like any other list, this list has its own criteria to rank batsmen and Rahul (unforunately) doesn't make the cut.

I don't think that many who saw them bat (me included) would ever put Inzy above Miandad. but according to this list he is. So chill and enjoy the list
    centurymaker likes this.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I'm chilled out, was just trying to work out what exactly cost Dravid!

In any case, it is decent enough feedback which later maybe? helpful to the author to further improve this excellent project, (which only a genius can undertake in the first place, not us ordinary people)
    Last edited by centurymaker; 10-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Days of Grace likes this.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Lol, don't worry. This is merely the first edition.

I realize that playing 80 tests these days and then making the shock announcement to retire at 32 at your peak is a way to rank highly on my list.
    centurymaker likes this.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

"Neither of them will have an international cricket acareer past 2016."
    Brocky on Martin Guptill and Ish Sodhi. 20/11/2014.

Thats great then

Waiting for a few of the English posters to wake up and catch their reaction about their beloved Dravid coming 20th (one of them in particular predicted him to be in the Top 5)

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Bloody Twenty20 ruining batsmen's techniques. :roll:
    Come on dude. There is nothing technically wrong with this square cut. The balletic quality comes from the springy jump accompanying the shoulder swing. T20 hoicks are nothing sexy like this.

Finally, here is the big man...

19. Inzamam-ul-Haq (Pakistan) (1992-2007)

Career Length (Days): 5604
    Percentage of team's matches played: 88%
    Career Average: 49.60
    Adjusted career average: 48.60
    Adjusted away average: 47.63
    Adjusted top-opposition average: 45.87
    Top Tier centuries: 2
    Second tier centuries: 7
    Third tier centuries: 11
    Significant innings: 49 (rank 7)
    Significant innings per match: 0.41

Great innings: 7 (rank 5=)
    Only Test: New Zealand v Pakistan at Hamilton, Jan 2-5, 1993 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 14.63
    Only Test: South Africa v Pakistan at Johannesburg, Jan 19-23, 1995 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 14.50
    3rd Test: Zimbabwe v Pakistan at Harare, Feb 15-19, 1995 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 13.50
    1st Test: West Indies v Pakistan at Georgetown, May 5-9, 2000 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 13.68
    1st Test: Pakistan v New Zealand at Lahore, May 1-3, 2002 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 19.27
    3rd Test: Pakistan v Bangladesh at Multan, Sep 3-6, 2003 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 17.36
    2nd Test: South Africa v Pakistan at Port Elizabeth, Jan 19-22, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo 13.63

Innings worth average: 3.50

25 Test peak adjusted average: 59.30 (2002-2005)
    50 Test peak adjusted average: 59.70 (1999-2005)

Quality Points: 575
    Career Points: 123
    Peak Points: 142
    TOTAL POINTS: 839

Shock, horror! Inzi is Pakistan's best test batsman. Many posters will be surprised that he is ranked above Javed, and so was I initially. But if you look carefully at the scorecards of his great innings, apart from the triple century, Inzi scored a lot of his runs when his team was in a world of trouble. He contributed a huge amount to the moderate success of Pakistan in the 1990s and 2000s. Javed may have scored more "daddy" hundreds, but Inzi scored runs against arguably better bowling attacks the world over in the 1990s and he scored them when it really mattered. One thing that Inzi detractors may point to is that he only averaged 35.03 against top tier opposition (adjusted up from 31.46).

Thats interesting how his 50 test peak is higher than his 25 test peak, surely thats unique.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. W.R Hammond 5. G.S Sobers 6. A.C Gilchrist 7. Imran Khan 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. M. Muralitharan 11. G.D McGrath

Yeah, it is. However, centuries scored and significant innings totals play a part in the peak rating as well.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    so finally inzy is exposed

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Yeah, it is. However, centuries scored and significant innings totals play a part in the peak rating as well.
    If you're looking for something to do you can clean my house ****.
    bagapath and ankitj like this.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Thats interesting how his 50 test peak is higher than his 25 test peak, surely thats unique.
    I also find it slightly confusing, as to how it can happen. It really depends on how the peak is selected, but if it's selected in the way I think it is selected then it doesn't make a world of sense. That of course assumes that the selection is based on adjusted averages and not actual averages.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information