• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket World Cup 2015 Launch

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Cricket World Cup 2015 is set to be launched tomorrow in Australia/New Zealand. It's at 1:00am GMT which is 10:00am AEST.

According to the official Cricket World Cup twitter account, the pools, fixtures and venues will be announced. Any predictions?

Hopefully the MCG holds the final; it would be a travesty if ANZ Stadium holds it. Apparently the original agreement was for a 50-50 games split, but according to the below article from a couple of months back, it may be more titled in Australia's favour.

New deal for NZ's Cricket World Cup hosting | Stuff.co.nz

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
I sure hope The Greatest Ground gets to host the final

Certainly is a great ground, but you'd think it wouldn't get the final due to the lower capacity compared to the likes of MCG, ANZ, Adelaide Oval etc. I'm started to get worried that ANZ may get a semi-final though in front of the SCG though. Would be a huge mistake if they go that way.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If ANZ gets a semi-final over the SCG it'll be an utter farce.

They shouldn't even be playing cricket there.

uvelocity

International Coach
lol mentioning adelaide oval

im tipping metricon ftr. its known to be in close proximity to the best beaches and shopses

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
What do we reckon the Australian stadiums will be? Depending on how many they choose, I reckon MCG, SCG, Adelaide Oval, Gabba, WACA, ANZ, Bellerive, Manuka and Marrara (Darwin). I read somewhere recently about the possibility of Blacktown, so I guess that could be another possibility.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What do we reckon the Australian stadiums will be? Depending on how many they choose, I reckon MCG, SCG, Adelaide Oval, Gabba, WACA, ANZ, Bellerive, Manuka and Marrara (Darwin). I read somewhere recently about the possibility of Blacktown, so I guess that could be another possibility.
Darwin is unlikely to get any games with the World Cup being on during its wet season. The other 7 grounds will get games for sure, I think gone are the days that a World Cup can go to places like Albury like the last World Cup back in '92.

north sydney oval and drummoyne oval imo
Yep. Awesome world cup practice venues. Add in Bankstown too.

bagapath

International Captain
Have started saving up to travel down under for this event. Want to spend at least a week in australia around scg and mcg games. Wud be lovely if I hit some jackpot and have enough money for a five star standard trip/ acco for two of us.

Jezroy

State Captain
I live in Auckland.

Is it unpatriotic of me to say that I would rather that NZ didn't host a semi final then to have one played at Eden Park? Eden Park is horrific for cricket.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
can't wait for the WC, am planning a summer road trip style thing to get around to some different grounds other than the MCG (I live near Melbourne) for the 6 weeks or so. Not keen on how the the summer fixture overall though, ODI cricket will be the most redundant thing by the end of it, honestly think from a cricketing point of view the India tests that summer will be more interesting.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I live in Auckland.

Is it unpatriotic of me to say that I would rather that NZ didn't host a semi final then to have one played at Eden Park? Eden Park is horrific for cricket.
As is the Westpac Stadium. They should think about hosting minor games at the Basin Reserve. The Westpac makes no sense - unless its for NZ games, and even then the spectacle would be vastly superior if played at the Basin.