• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket World Cup 2015 Launch

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Newspaper this morning strongly hinted at a semi for Auckland. I'll be there.

It also suggested Christchurch will get games, on the condition that Hagley gets the green light. Would love to see that happen, and might try to make it down there for a game.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I live in Auckland.

Is it unpatriotic of me to say that I would rather that NZ didn't host a semi final then to have one played at Eden Park? Eden Park is horrific for cricket.
As is the Westpac Stadium. They should think about hosting minor games at the Basin Reserve. The Westpac makes no sense - unless its for NZ games, and even then the spectacle would be vastly superior if played at the Basin.
Westpac at least has a reasonable shape, and it's only small because for some reason they bring the boundaries in 20M from the seating.

Really though I'd like for there to be more games in Queenstown and at the basin.

_Ed_

Pool A has Australia, England, NZ and Sri Lanka. Pool B has India, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies.

Not sure about Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or associates yet. Four from each pool go through.

_Ed_

Queenstown and Whangarei overlooked in favour of Nelson is a big surprise.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing at the Basin. Shocking decision.

I'll probably go down to Nelson instead of watching ****e at the ****ty Westpac. Awful for the spectator.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why on earth would you put both host countries in the same group? Madness really.

Sanity prevails having the final at MCG and one semi at the SCG.

I'm a bit surprised that Canberra gets the same number of matches as Brisbane (especially) and Hobart. I guess the only advantage for Brisbane and Hobart is they get to see Australia play.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Queenstown and Whangarei overlooked in favour of Nelson is a big surprise.
Disappointing games not in scenic locations ie. Queenstown, Whangarei. Nelson is a bit of a surprise.
Queenstown fans, fear not:

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) will host the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier from 13 January to 1 February in 2014, which will be played at seven venues throughout New Zealand, namely: Hamilton, Mt Maunganui and New Plymouth in the North Island, and Christchurch, Lincoln, Rangiora and Queenstown in the South Island. A total of 34 matches will be played in the tournament.

I hope this is televised by the way - doubtful, but it would be great, wouldn't it.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why on earth would you put both host countries in the same group? Madness really.

Sanity prevails having the final at MCG and one semi at the SCG.

I'm a bit surprised that Canberra gets the same number of matches as Brisbane (especially) and Hobart. I guess the only advantage for Brisbane and Hobart is they get to see Australia play.
Some of these group match ups were so predictable. Australia vs England of course; India vs Pakistan, got to make that money and to get more interest in New Zealand they've got to make certain there's a grudge match against the Aussies of course. :laugh:

I love it how that game will also be in Auckland too. Cricket Australia going out of its way to look after its national team as always.

_Ed_

Games I'll be trying to get to:

NZ v SL, Christchurch, 14 Feb
NZ v Australia, Auckland, 28 Feb
Pakistan v South Africa, Auckland, 7 March
NZ v Bangladesh, Hamilton, 13 March
Semi-final, Auckland, 24 March

Fingers crossed, anyway. At the moment it isn't even letting me register on the website. Try again later, I guess.

_Ed_

Fair enough. That's good for them, then.

But Cobham Oval's games have been pretty well-attended too, haven't they? The ODIs against Zimbabwe and warm-up T20s against England seemed to get good crowds.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dire to have 7-team groups again. Ensures a huge group stage in which the matches mean as little as possible.

At least they've got quarter finals.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Queenstown fans, fear not:

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) will host the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier from 13 January to 1 February in 2014, which will be played at seven venues throughout New Zealand, namely: Hamilton, Mt Maunganui and New Plymouth in the North Island, and Christchurch, Lincoln, Rangiora and Queenstown in the South Island. A total of 34 matches will be played in the tournament.

I hope this is televised by the way - doubtful, but it would be great, wouldn't it.
Now, this I can get behind. Having a 50 over match at New Plymouth would be incredible. A team on a good day could easily rack up a 400+ score there. I'm more likely to follow this [at the ground] than the main event.