• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current English County Cricket Draft

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Sad Sack
Jos Buttler

1. Joe Root
4. Ravi Bopara
7. Jos Buttler +
10. Graham Onions

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ben Stokes. A match winner with bat, ball or in the field. Not the finished article by any extent but gives balance and options to the squad.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Round One

Pothas - James Anderson
Cabinet96 - Kevin Pietersen
91Jmay - Alastair Cook
Marcuss - Graeme Swann
theegyptian - Jonathan Trott
andyzaltzhair - Stuart Broad
Howe_zat - Matt Prior
Dan - Joe Root

Round Two

Dan - Graham Onions
Howe_zat - Tim Bresnan
andyzaltzhair - Monty Panesar
theegyptian - Steven Finn
Marcuss - Ian Bell
91Jmay - James Taylor
Cabinet96 - Chris Woakes
Pothas - Chris Tremlett

Round Three

Pothas - Marcus Trescothick
Cabinet96 - Nick Compton
91Jmay - Sam Robson
Marcuss - Samit Patel
theegyptian - Eoin Morgan
andyzaltzhair - Tim Murtagh
Howe_zat - Ed Joyce
Dan - Ravi Bopara

Round Four

Dan - Jos Buttler
Howe_zat - Jack Brooks
andyzalzhair - Jonny Bairstow
theegyptian - Ben Stokes
Marcuss
91Jmay
Cabinet96
Pothas

91Jmay

International Coach
Craig Kieswetter. Underrated Championship bat with an average of over 40 and 10 centuries and gives me one of the best T20 and list A bats on the circuit. Hopefully I am not being overcome by witnessing his display last night but was planning on grabbing him this round or next anyway. Really happy with how my batting lineup is taking shape:

1. Cook ♤
2. Robson
4. Taylor
6. Kieswetter†

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Urgh, would've liked Kieswetter. Will go for Stuart Meaker. Been one of the better Championship bowlers in the last few years.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Mckenzie . Tons of experience, averages over 40 in all formats for Hampshire.

Gary Ballance Could do with some youth to go with Treso and McKenzie, bound to play for England in some form of the game in the near future.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Will add a bit more limited overs quality to my side and take Michael Carberry. He and KP is a pretty great opening partnership in limited overs cricket.

91Jmay

International Coach
Pothas those are two killer picks. Strong as BALLS middle order you have now.

This is a real difficult pick for me but I need to start building a bowling attack and think there is still some decent depth left for batters. I will go with Michael Hogan. I know he is a Div 2 player but he has taken a stack full of wickets and bowls well in all three formats.

1. Cook ♤
2. Robson
4. Taylor
6. Kieswetter†
9. Hogan

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Simon Kerrigan. Has more than double the amount of wickets than any other English spinner this season in the championship this year. Plus 5 5+ wicket hauls, the same amount as the rest of the spin bowlers in division 2 put together. Can bowl lots of overs in 4 day cricket. 40 over and 20 over not quite at the same standard yet.

Last edited: