• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ u19 team named

southern man

U19 Cricketer
For the world cup in Bangladesh

The team is:

Daniel Bolstad (CD) RHB-RAMF Hard hitting all-rounder

Peter Carey (Canterbury)LHB Solid opening batsman

Te Ahu Davis (ND) RHB-RAMF Very promising pace bowler, hard hitting tail-ender, 2nd year

Derek De Boorder (Auckland) RHB-WK Competent WK

Anton Devcich (ND) LHB-LAS Left-arm spinning allrounder

Sean Eathorne (Otago) RHB RAOS Elegant middle-order batsman and useful off spinner

Brett Findlay (Canterbury) RHB-RAM Hard-hitting middle-order batsman and economical medium pacer

Danie Flynn (ND) LHB Elegant, aggressive middle-order batsman, captain, 2nd year

Carl Frauenstein (Auckland) RHB-RAMF Promising pace bowler and hard hitting tail-ender

Sam McKay (Auckland) RHB-LAS Prolific run scorer and useful spin bowler

Craig Smith (Otago) RHB LAMF Economical left-armer, 2nd year

BJ Watling (ND) RHB-WK Competent batsman and efficient WK

Brad Wilson (ND) RHB Top-order batsman, 2nd year

From www.nzcricket.co.nz

Watch for Sean Ethorne he goes to my school very good batsman.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
NZl are in India's group for the youth world cup.

I dunno how good this team really is -- do the Kiwi patrons on this board reckon they're a shot for the semis and even winning the cup.

Their game against India will be a good gauge of their prospects -- the India side will be captained by Ambati Rayudu and contains some very promising cricketers such as Dinesh Kartik, Batsman Robin Uthappa and quickies VRV Singh and RP Singh.

If the kiwis can topple India (who won the Asian u-19 championship a month ago), they can definitely reach the final four of the tourney.
India generally produces good youth teams and they are playing on the subcontinent.

RMF

Cricket Spectator
southern man r u at kavanaugh do u know darlly caldwell or mike bracewell'

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I used to play U15's cricket with Peter Carey before he moved to Hamilton, and then more recently to Christchurch where he's obviously been having quite a bit of success.

Ahh so you must be a Kings boy then Ming...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
2 Auckland U17 players who did take part in that U19 selection tournament will be very good in a few years.

I don't know their first names, but their last names are Guptill & Ellison & everytime i've seen the scores for Auckland rep matches they're always up in the mid 70's and sometimes in the hundreds too...every match.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
RMF said:
southern man r u at kavanaugh do u know darlly caldwell or mike bracewell'
Micheal is my best mates little brother and Dazza is his best mte and since iam not the most talented cricketers and they have played up a few grades i have played a few games with them.