• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen: 50-26

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a feeling Sutcliffe is going to find himself quite high on this list. Maybe top 7. Does this system penalize for slow scoring rate in any way?

Days of Grace

International Captain
What does "innings worth average" mean btw? Is it the number of innings for before the batsman scores his average or higher?
The innings worth average is the ratings points for all innings divided by number of innings played. Innings scored in team innings of less than 150 runs and less than 5 wickets do not count.

Most good batsmen have an innings worth average of between 3.00-3.50.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sutcliffe may make the top 10 too

Top 10 prediction-

1. Bradman
2. Sobers
3. Hobbs
4. Viv
5. Headley
6. Hutton
7. Lara
8. Pollock
9. Hammond
10. Sutcliffe

bagapath

International Captain
Sutcliffe may make the top 10 too

Top 10 prediction-

1. Bradman
2. Sobers
3. Hobbs
4. Viv
5. Headley
6. Hutton
7. Lara
8. Pollock
9. Hammond
10. Sutcliffe
Headley and Pollock don't deserve to be ranked above Tendulkar, Chappell or Gavaskar who played against more opponents and maintained their high standards over 100 innings all around the globe. They may all be equally talented but these two didn't get to showcase theirs for too long.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Headley's 25 test match peak of 0.00 should see him picked sooner rather than later, despite his long career in terms of years.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel that their far suprior quality points will outweigh their losses in peak-points.
Hoping it's not the case though hahaha as I agree that they don't deserve to be in the top 10 in a statistical analysis.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Oops for some odd reason I thought Headley's avg was in the high 60s lol and that Pollock wasn't far behind. (how wrong haha).

Nah they probably won't make the top 10 then.
I shall refrain from making anymore facepalm worthy predictions lol

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Viv, Headly, Pollock Sutcliffe out. SRT, Barrington, Kallis Ponting and Sanga in for me.

Last edited: