• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muralitharan a burglar,a thief and a dacoit : Bedi

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting to read in the Wisden Cricketer the report on the 1st Test.

Suggests his doosra may be a little illegal owing to a "snapping" of the arm, but also says he doesn't expect Murali to ever be called again.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
That 'snapping' of the arm is where I was coming from with the 'yo-yo flick' comment.......it starts from the elbow, then through the wrist and 'snaps' out of his hand, just like throwing a yo-yo backhand.
Clever? Absolutely. Bowling? Not really.

Cheating? Most of the time, yes.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenny said:
That 'snapping' of the arm is where I was coming from with the 'yo-yo flick' comment.......it starts from the elbow, then through the wrist and 'snaps' out of his hand, just like throwing a yo-yo backhand.

How did I guess you were going to post in this thread, and how did I guess you would post this sort of post?

Majik :P

iamdavid

International Debutant
:lol: :lol:

Shane Warne is on ball by ball comentary with Channel 9 , Tony Greig was asking why Murali dosent have much succes against Brian Lara , Warne replies "ahh , I think its because Murali often throw......I mean bowls sorry , the ball............."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

krkode

State Captain
iamdavid said:

Shane Warne is on ball by ball comentary with Channel 9 , Tony Greig was asking why Murali dosent have much succes against Brian Lara , Warne replies "ahh , I think its because Murali often throw......I mean bowls sorry , the ball............."

It isn't that funny.:yawn:

lee sometimes has a slight bend in his arm when he is striving for extra pace. say his 155+ balls. shoaib is more of a chucker than lee

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Rik said:
How did I guess you were going to post in this thread, and how did I guess you would post this sort of post?

Majik :P
And it was an equally simple task to predict that at some point, you would post this kind of juvenile and obvious revelation.......presumably thinking that it in itself was an effective retort.
You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Craig

World Traveller
Kenny said:

Of what revelance his wrist does?

Who cant throw throw from the wrist you do it from the elbow.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenny said:
And it was an equally simple task to predict that at some point, you would post this kind of juvenile and obvious revelation.......presumably thinking that it in itself was an effective retort.
You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.
Hardly juvenile I assure you that. I'm just sick and tired of the same topic coming up with the same people saying the same things ignoring the same evidence which proves the same point that he doesn't actually chuck.

Now do you understand why it gets slightly annoying?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
pontingrulz said:
lee sometimes has a slight bend in his arm when he is striving for extra pace. say his 155+ balls. shoaib is more of a chucker than lee
Interisting because Shoaib's arm hyper-extends in nearly everything he does. I once saw him throw the ball from the boundary and the slo-mo camera caught his arm bending backwards almost as far as he can bend it forwards. It would be extreamly hard for him to throw the ball because his arm bends backwards when the force of bowling is put on it.

Lee hyperextends as well but not as much, sometimes I do think he throws it when he's trying to bowl 100mph.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
What do you think of Grant Flower's action Rik?
When I've seen it? Not seen anything wrong with it at all. A very gentle roller's action. What do you think about Richie Perera's?

Craig

World Traveller
Looks dodgy. I ask about Flower's action is that he has been called for chucking three times in one over!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Looks dodgy. I ask about Flower's action is that he has been called for chucking three times in one over!
Haha, Perera's action is basically a throw. He couldn't actually help throwing it because he had done it for so long. No one called him even though it was so blatently obvious.

Flower, I don't know I've never seen a problem, maybe because of his action he "appears" to bend his arm, maybe he actually bends it sometimes. Don't think it really makes any difference, he needs a real bunsen to turn the ball.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:

The second I heard that I thought "I hope for your own sake, Shane, that that was a random slip-of-the-tongue, not a deliberate, stratified, fake-mistake".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What do you think of Grant Flower's action Rik?
When I've seen it? Not seen anything wrong with it at all. A very gentle roller's action. What do you think about Richie Perera's?
Haha, Perera's action is basically a throw. He couldn't actually help throwing it because he had done it for so long. No one called him even though it was so blatently obvious.

Flower, I don't know I've never seen a problem, maybe because of his action he "appears" to bend his arm, maybe he actually bends it sometimes. Don't think it really makes any difference, he needs a real bunsen to turn the ball.
Perera's action at Lord's in 2002 was the most blatantly and consistently illegal action I've ever seen. The strange thing is he had never had any problems before (I had seen him in South Africa in 2000\01 and neither I nor the commentators noticed anything wrong) and they showed him bowling in the nets during Old Trafford and it looked perfectly legitimate, too.
Regarding Grant Flower, I've yet to see a left-arm fingerspinner who doesn't appear to chuck every time I see them (Tufnell and Illingworth were the first two I noticed, and Underwood and Verity looked no different when I watched them and thought about it, just to prove it's not a present thing) and Flower is no worse than the rest.
This is no slight on left-arm fingerspinners, but every one I've ever seen appears to chuck. Giles included.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Lets just say Richard mate, Mr Warne isnt the brightest of people.
And yet he doesn't seem totally stupid, like david always tells us Williams is. Just so phenominally careless with what he does. He just seems to me to be one of those think-fame-makes-you-invincible lot.