• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Pujara and co in Zimbabwe 2013***

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Harare
Jul 24, 2013 (09:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 15:00 SGT)

2nd ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Harare
Jul 26, 2013 (09:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 15:00 SGT)

3rd ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Harare
Jul 28, 2013 (09:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 15:00 SGT)

4th ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Bulawayo
Aug 1, 2013 (09:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 15:00 SGT)

5th ODI: Zimbabwe v India at Bulawayo
Aug 3, 2013 (09:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 15:00 SGT)

Indian Squad:

Virat Kohli (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Cheteshwar Pujara, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra, Parvez Rasool, Shami Ahmed, R Vinay Kumar, Jaydev Unadkat, Mohit Sharma.

Zimbabwean Squad:

Brendan Taylor (c), Sikandar Raza, Tendai Chatara, Michael Chinouya, Elton Chigumbura, Graeme Cremer, Kyle Jarvis, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Natsai M'shangwe, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Malcolm Waller, Sean Williams

Daemon

Dhawan
R Sharma
Pujara
Kohli
Karthik/Raina
Karthik/Raina
Jadeja
Rasool
Kumar
M Sharma
Unadkat

Is what I'd go with. Pace attack **** as usual. Might even play 3 spinners in Jadeja, Rasool and Mishra. Personally would've given Praveen Kumar a spot in the squad.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Zimbabwe managed to beat Bangladesh in the home ODI series, I don't see why an Indian second string team should dominate them, I expect a 4-1 or maybe 3-2 win to India, but the matches should be fairly close I'd say.

Daemon

The last time we had a tri series with Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka we didn't even make the finals. It was a similarly inexperienced squad, albeit with worse batting.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The last time we had a tri series with Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka we didn't even make the finals. It was a similarly inexperienced squad, albeit with worse batting.
You'd think this squad would be really keen to succeed though, and with Pujara and Kohli in the side, the Zim pacers shouldn't be too much of a threat.

Chubb

International Regular
Zim might have a chance to sneak a win if only because I'm pretty sure the Indians will be unconcerned about the tour. Will be interesting to see how Chinouya goes if he plays.

Daemon

Zim might have a chance to sneak a win if only because I'm pretty sure the Indians will be unconcerned about the tour.
The typical Indian fan probably doesn't care much but a lot of these players on tour have something to prove. There might be up to 5 guys making their debut on this tour and they'll all be looking to make a mark.

Having said that, if I were a Zim fan, I'd be disappointed if my side didn't at least post a few big scores up and make India work hard, because India's bowling is seriously bad.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Having said that, if I were a Zim fan, I'd be disappointed if my side didn't at least post a few big scores up and make India work hard, because India's bowling is seriously bad.
As a Zim fan, that's all I'm looking for. I don't expect Zimbabwe to win a game, even with a below par Indian side, but I would like them make India fight for their wins. Zimbabwe's batsmen particularly the top order are a major concern so if India's bowling is weak, it can only help.

Daemon

Lots of movement early on, never seen Vinay and Ahmed move the ball this much.