• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI unhappy with Lorgat?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is old news...The BCCI tried to block his appointment as well. They threatened to not tour.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL not surprised in the least. What's surprising is that there are still people (cough Bhogle/Manjrekar cough) who believe BCCI are not the bully of the neighborhood.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
And India will be tied for second with England by the time the series starts. So what's the bigger joke, that 1v2 is a 2 test series or that India is arguably the second best test team in the world? lol

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Having number 1 v number 3 as a 2 Test series does Test cricket no favours.
You should rephrase that sentence and insert 'BCCIs self interest' instead of cricket in every situation and all their decisions will make complete sense. Except the UDRS, that still makes no sense..

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
You should rephrase that sentence and insert 'BCCIs self interest' instead of cricket in every situation and all their decisions will make complete sense. Except the UDRS, that still makes no sense..
Well every board tries to act in its self interest, but BCCI has the muscle. Still should be called out but don't kid yourself. Just because boards aren't private franchises doesn't mean boards don't do what's good for them.

The real shame is that the BCCI could do so much to grow the pie for themselves and everyone else, but seem more concerned with relative power.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well every board tries to act in its self interest, but BCCI has the muscle.
no, this isn't in the board's self interest.
This is in the interests of the egos of the board members. How dare someone have an opinion different to theirs! How dare they be appointed on another country's board.

Lorgat has offered to apologise (for what??) and they're still going on about it.

There's no humility. They're interested in protecting their pride and their egos.
It's childish and pathetic.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
no, this isn't in the board's self interest.
This is in the interests of the egos of the board members. How dare someone have an opinion different to theirs! How dare they be appointed on another country's board.

Lorgat has offered to apologise (for what??) and they're still going on about it.

There's no humility. They're interested in protecting their pride and their egos.
It's childish and pathetic.
They're trying to make an example out of him and CSA...and it's working. Notice the announcement of three India-related itineraries this week (WI, NZ, and England). Think it's a coincidence? I think every board is taking notice and deciding they're better off playing ball with the BCCI.

But I do agree, it's not so much the board's interest as the individual board members' interests. Jagu's statement today was arrogant, pathetic, and smacked of something a mafia don would say to appear generous.

kingkallis

International Coach
This is absolutely humiliating. Knowing Lorgat, he will apologize to save the series.

This power mongers are really annoying me now. I dont know how other countries can unite and do something about this. Being an Indian, this really is embarrassing as well.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I'm a bit ashamed as a NZer that we're taking on matches that coincide with what would have been the end of the full SA tour.

SeamUp

International Coach
I don't know what to say other than this whole thing is an absolute joke.

They can't back track on two tours now (WIN & NZL), so we will be sitting with another two test series. Nice way to advertise the game of test cricket between 2 of the top 3. I reckon they should just postpone the 3 ODI's and turn it into another test for now.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
...Yes, the argument against moving schedules for one person is still valid, but we are an emotional people and to that extent our sporting ethos is a bit different, and we are talking of someone who has given more joy to Indians than almost anyone else....
...There have been times in the past, like with the DRS, when the BCCI has taken an unpopular stand that has been proven to be largely right...
...Clearly, the BCCI is not in love with Haroon Lorgat, who now heads Cricket South Africa, and whispers of unfair and unreasonable actions during the 2011 World Cup (when he was head of the ICC) have been around for a while now..
uggggh.

so irritatingly and irrationally diplomatic

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.