• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you had to pick one player...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have actually seen Sanford, I saw a few deliveries he bowled in the 2002 season, on ICC Cricket World.
Not enough to make a decent judgement, though, fair enough. But surely you can judge on what appears to have happened in the past, even if you've not seen it?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
pontingrulz said:
mate have you seen his doosra. he bowls that with a bloody straight arm. no bend in the elbow. i think murali is bulls****ing about that elbow thing
And so are the doctors who said his elbow can only be straightened to about 160 degrees, presumably?
And I've never seen Murali bowl a doosra; a leg-break-to-the-right-hander and a top-spinner, but not a doosra. And I have seen both of these deliveries and the arm is no straighter than the off-break-to-the-right-hander. Because it can't get any straigher than that, it's been proven.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
I have actually seen Sanford, I saw a few deliveries he bowled in the 2002 season, on ICC Cricket World.
Not enough to make a decent judgement, though, fair enough. But surely you can judge on what appears to have happened in the past, even if you've not seen it?
I haven't seen Sanford bowl in a while, but he bowled well in all but 2 of his Tests to date and I've heard that his control has improved. That said, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to further comment.

if you read my post on the picture it says hes pictorial evidence showing that he is a chucker. i couldnt find the evidence of him bowling with a straight elbow. which in term relates to your need for glasses

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
pontingrulz said:
if you read my post on the picture it says hes pictorial evidence showing that he is a chucker.
1 picture CANNOT show if someone throws or not since throwing is an action, and a picture is a still shot.

Therefore unless you can release a video that contradicts everything that scientific experts have found with regards to Murali's action, I suggest that you have no evidense...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
halsey said:
...and I think you need glasses...:)
Well, seeing as I am extremely short-sighted and wear glasses, I'd have to agree :P :P :P

But whether I need glasses or not is irrelevant to the fact that a still shot can never prove what happens during a motion.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Well, seeing as I am extremely short-sighted and wear glasses, I'd have to agree :P :P :P

But whether I need glasses or not is irrelevant to the fact that a still shot can never prove what happens during a motion.
I bet I'm shorter-sighted.

Anyway, all that picture shows is that he bowls with a bent arm -completely legal. If it was straightened at the point of release, then it's a chuck, which it doesn't - I haven't seen the leg-break so can't comment here - and if it stays bent all the way through it's fine.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
That was actually directed to Pontingrulz - but maybe you to need glasses.:P :P