• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tour Match: Zimbabwe Select XI v Australia A at Harare - Jul 18-20, 2013
1st unofficial Test: South Africa A v Australia A at Pretoria - Jul 24-27, 2013
2nd unofficial Test: South Africa A v Australia A at Rustenburg - Jul 31-Aug 3, 2013

and then the ODers start but we'll talk about them elsewhere (the fixtures for those can be found here: Results | Global | ESPN Cricinfo)

Squads:
Aus: Zimbabwe Select XI Squad | Tour Match: Zimbabwe Select XI v Australia A at Harare, Jul 18-20, 2013 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo
Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe Select XI Squad | Tour Match: Zimbabwe Select XI v Australia A at Harare, Jul 18-20, 2013 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo
SA: South Africa A Squad - unofficial Tests | Australia A in South Africa unofficial Test Series, 2013 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

(i'll put the squads down in text later)

Spikey

Now, I'm not a Shaun Marsh fan, if there's one thing I want known about me, it's that I think Marsh is a dick and should be made to earn everything, but we really should have just made Doolan the captain (or you know Paine) and played Marsh.

Riggins

International Captain
if nicking off ferg with a wide half volley, i would assume somewhere between 35 and 55, isn't the hardest task in shield cricket well i don't know what is.

Spikey

two great SOK wickets too. South Australia almost made the shield final, guys

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jarvis is legitimately a class above this batting lineup; no surprise to see him clean up.

Zimbabwe have basically gone in full strength here though. No Craig Ervine, Keegan Meth or Sean Williams, but I'm pretty sure they're all playing club cricket in England and the rest of the team looks pretty much like what I'd expect them to pick for a Test starting tomorrow.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why is Warner suddenly turning into a middle order player? Ever since the India tour people have started shuffling him down the order. I guess they just want him to get practice in the middle order as that's the only place there's an opening in the test side, but it's still weird.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol at Warner, but losing those three wickets hardly means anything for Aus A only 1 actual FC batsman I can see in the line-up (Moses is an all-rounder) , Doolan is doing OK though. I wonder where Greame Cremer is though, would have been nice to see him go head to head with Fawad.

Spikey

Why is Warner suddenly turning into a middle order player? Ever since the India tour people have started shuffling him down the order. I guess they just want him to get practice in the middle order as that's the only place there's an opening in the test side, but it's still weird.
Tbf, Warner suddenly turned himself into an opener after a couple of good LO performances opening.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jarvis is legitimately a class above this batting lineup; no surprise to see him clean up.

Zimbabwe have basically gone in full strength here though. No Craig Ervine, Keegan Meth or Sean Williams, but I'm pretty sure they're all playing club cricket in England and the rest of the team looks pretty much like what I'd expect them to pick for a Test starting tomorrow.
Ervine is in Ireland trying to qualify for them through family heritage. I think they passed on him anyway, but he doesn't have a Zimbabwean winter contract.

Meth I think is still recovering from a knee injury he picked up in the Bangladesh series

I have no idea why Williams isn't in the side, but he should be.

Australia are 4/108 at the lunch break with Jarvis picking up 3 and Chigs picking up the other one. Zimbabwe would be happy with that result.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ervine is in Ireland trying to qualify for them through family heritage. I think they passed on him anyway, but he doesn't have a Zimbabwean winter contract.

Meth I think is still recovering from a knee injury he picked up in the Bangladesh series

Australia are 4/108 at the lunch break with Jarvis picking up 3 and Chigs picking up the other one. Zimbabwe would be happy with that result.
Doolan the only real wicket they got tbh though, rest of the Aus batsmen are rubbish

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain

According to the below article, him and Utseya have been rested for the match which considering Zimbabwe's last international fixtures were two months ago against Bangladesh, it seems a strange move.

Chinouya faces Aussies test - The Zimbabwe Independent

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
Tour Match: Zimbabwe Select XI v Australia A at Harare - Jul 18-20, 2013
1st unofficial Test: South Africa A v Australia A at Pretoria - Jul 24-27, 2013
2nd unofficial Test: South Africa A v Australia A at Rustenburg - Jul 31-Aug 3, 2013

and then the ODers start but we'll talk about them elsewhere (the fixtures for those can be found here: Results | Global | ESPN Cricinfo)

Squads:
Aus: Zimbabwe Select XI Squad | Tour Match: Zimbabwe Select XI v Australia A at Harare, Jul 18-20, 2013 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo
Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe Select XI Squad | Tour Match: Zimbabwe Select XI v Australia A at Harare, Jul 18-20, 2013 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo
SA: South Africa A Squad - unofficial Tests | Australia A in South Africa unofficial Test Series, 2013 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

(i'll put the squads down in text later)
no you wont

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
As a Zimbabwean supporter you can use to bizarre selections and omissions from the side. Quite often they have nothing to do with form or cricket in general. Shingi Mazakadza is another who should be in the side over Chinouya and Maruma shouldn't be anywhere near the team