• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
He shouldnt be anywhere near consideration for test matches. An over rated short format hitter.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why the hell would you declare so early in a 4-day match?

It's an 'unofficial Test' for your country's A side, so surely you'd take it seriously.
If anyone was taking the result seriously then Aaron Finch wouldn't be captain. I usually back you right up on declarations but this game is a development tool first and a contest second.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If anyone was taking the result seriously then Aaron Finch wouldn't be captain. I usually back you right up on declarations but this game is a development tool first and a contest second.
Hmm well the novelty value of Australia winning should not be underestimated.

If the Saffies blast 500+ and skittle the Aussies... well it would serve them right really. I'm sure Maxwell wouldn't have minded another hour to get his double century.

social

He shouldnt be anywhere near consideration for test matches. An over rated short format hitter.
If he is only a hitter, then how does he average 40 odd in fc?

IMO, half of his problem when playing for Oz was that someone got into his head and told him that was his go

Hopefully he will be allowed the time to find his game at fc level before being thrown in at the deep end again as he does have talent

social

Hmm well the novelty value of Australia winning should not be underestimated.

If the Saffies blast 500+ and skittle the Aussies... well it would serve them right really. I'm sure Maxwell wouldn't have minded another hour to get his double century.
Aus A rarely lose

Mind you, that's to be expected when playing ****e like the England Lions

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If he is only a hitter, then how does he average 40 odd in fc?

IMO, half of his problem when playing for Oz was that someone got into his head and told him that was his go

Hopefully he will be allowed the time to find his game at fc level before being thrown in at the deep end again as he does have talent
Average boosted by batting down the order. I dont rate the guy. Hes like a bad version of Symonds. Except Symonds was likeable.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's everyone's favourite part of an australia a game: the part where aaron finch bowls himself