• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
really pleased to see Fawad pick up four, although it came a bit late, Chadd the man also bowled well by the sounds of it, a real test of character coming up, Finch has already failed lol.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is de Lange injured? Weird that he only bowled one over opening up....
He might be but Ontong has been really weird with how he's used the new ball in every innings on this series; there have been really early bowling changes every time. He might've just wanted De Lange to Finch but Hendricks to Doolan once Finch got out or something. Definitely strikes me as the sort of guy who'd see this sort of thing as a chance to show off his absolute genius.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
solid end to the day, hopefully Doolan, Maddo and the rest combine and get a target of 150+ or something to bowl at, Fawad to run through them with 7-50 would be nice.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Doolan 43* and Maddo 35* - nice.

These two are arguably the next batsman in waiting outside the Ashes squad now and with Hughes getting dropped so often and Cowan seemingly on the outer, the baggy green isn't that far out of reach. So yeah, hopefully they are both still in when we pass SA's first innings total and build from there tomorrow.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Doolan 43* and Maddo 35* - nice.

These two are arguably the next batsman in waiting outside the Ashes squad now and with Hughes getting dropped so often and Cowan seemingly on the outer, the baggy green isn't that far out of reach. So yeah, hopefully they are both still in when we pass SA's first innings total and build from there tomorrow.
maddinson future captain possibilty?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
maddinson future captain possibilty?
Never rule it out, but I haven't associated captain with him.

I'm not sure if he was a captain in lower grades or anything, someone else would probably be able to answer that for you.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Doesn't captain his grade club; neither does Steve Smith actually - and he's never really been one of those guys you associate with leadership.
really? I thought they were grooming him to captain NSW, must have read something wrong my bad.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
really? I thought they were grooming him to captain NSW, must have read something wrong my bad.
From the looks of things, they see Smith as having leadership potential. It's just at club level they're stuck behind Phil Jaques (IIRC he's the incumbent captain), and they tend to prefer guys not missing every second game for state duty as the VC.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
smith being successful in his return to the aus team is a real bummer from a nsw pov. rohrer or henriques captain? hmmmm

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see it being Moises again; that didn't work out all that well last time, IIRC. SoK might hold onto it, unless they decide to play Rohrer every game.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
a pair for maxwell
good riddance, meanwhile, Maddinson again standing up, Ashes bolter?

Also, This Harmer guy for SA has bowled well for the A team recently, did well against Pakistan a while ago, is Peterson's spot in slight danger with Harmer doing well? Seems like Tahir is out of the equation now

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You would think he is a home Ashes bolter for sure. Ticks all the boxes

[] From NSW
[] Making runs

I've never seen Harmer bowl so can't really say.