• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think it would be too kind to add as much as 10 to his average for playing just under half his matches in Hobart. I think you can add perhaps 5% or 10% though.

He just had a terrible season last year at the wrong time. I don't think his time has past yet..

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm surprised Bailey hasn't had a look in as he's certainly looked at home anytime I've seen him in ODI cricket, which is backed up by his stats. It's not like he has a terrible FC record either.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
weaker than last game. Unless ahmed fires - and we probably shouldnt expect him to fire on the first day - the attack is pretty weak past the opening bowlers, although i care for NCN less than your average australian poster.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He makes runs but never looks fluent, and is a 30 year old who averages 38. I'll ask again, is he actually a test prospect?
You said he never times the ball in ODIs. You don't average that if you can't time the ball ffs.

Ideally someone with his record wouldn't be a test prospect. But ATM I imagine he would be in the thoughts of the selectors.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't particularly rate Bailey as an FC batsman, but he is an excellent OD player, tbh this scoreline is what the selectors deserve, it's OK to pick a few guys like MMarsh, Finch and big show but if you fill the team with these hacks then they will all flop together at some point, Maddinson really impressive though.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
in a perfect world bailey isn't a test prospect for Australia, with the way the current side is though he should be in the team. We can't just keep bringing in the same guys who keep failing and keep selecting the same type of young guys who had some form in limited overs and thats it.