• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What bothers me the most about the South African bowling line-up is that they've all got excellent first class records, but pretty bad list A ones. Which is great for our test side, but it is pretty ominous for our ODI future.
de Lange has a pretty good limited overs record. 4-fer on ODI debut too.

Spikey

This might not be a popular opinion, but in an A squad the big show Maxwell is an okay selection.

Yeah. It only becomes problematic when you pick him with another all-rounder like Marsh or Henriques, but even then, it's not that big a problem. My selection issues are Finch (duh), Mitch Marsh (Behaviour. He was out during the Warner thing. Pure stupidity given his recent poor behaviour and deserving of a clip 'round the head), Shaun Marsh (did nothing until the t20's came around, and then got injured before he could make up for drop-worthy shield form. do we really wanna give this guy a freebie selection?).

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great stuff from the future bats :laugh:

Don't worry everyone. Cricket Australia know what they're doing. This is just a "cycle" you know. Just imagine if the game was run poorly by inept administrators though. Scary thought that.

the big bambino

International Captain
Can we expect another placid pitch or will there actually be some assistance for the bowlers? The games almost become meaningless if the track is as flat as last time.
Well you wished for it. Personally wouldn't have minded another road as I'm I think I've seen enough repeats of Aussie batting sides getting bowled out for less than 100.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would've thought Neville is the better batsmen out of those three, Ludeman the best keeper. Handscombe seems to be the one of those three the selectors like, could use a few more SS seasons, will lose his place to Wade though.
That's a fair assumption. I'm still not convinced that Nevill is that great a bat but its probably because I've watched him more in OD and T20 matches where he has performed poorly. Handscomb is still only young and can easily play in the Vic lineup as a batsman (or Wade could too).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What bothers me the most about the South African bowling line-up is that they've all got excellent first class records, but pretty bad list A ones. Which is great for our test side, but it is pretty ominous for our ODI future.
Does the List A structure in SA have the same franchise system that so skews FC records?

the big bambino

International Captain
The heart just weeps when you see ****bags like Marsh and Finch in a rep team. Meanwhile Cosgrove and Silk...Its also great to see the mistake picking bits and pieces all rounders repeated for this tour. Lets never learn a lesson ok. Doolan fumbling the chance he earned. Oh well - next. I think I'm getting close to realising my dream of playing for Australia.

Burgey

Why has this thread been moved? Half these blokes will be in the ashes squad if they last more than 15 balls. Should have stayed in the Ashes subbie IMO

/rant

Daemon

Why has this thread been moved? Half these blokes will be in the ashes squad if they last more than 15 balls. Should have stayed in the Ashes subbie IMO

/rant
it's disrespectful to south african fans imo, should stay here

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The heart just weeps when you see ****bags like Marsh and Finch in a rep team. Meanwhile Cosgrove and Silk...Its also great to see the mistake picking bits and pieces all rounders repeated for this tour. Lets never learn a lesson ok. Doolan fumbling the chance he earned. Oh well - next. I think I'm getting close to realising my dream of playing for Australia.
From what I've read, there are guys outside the test squad on development programs in a number of places

That can only be a good thing for the future of Oz cricket

Having said that, this batting lineup makes no sense whatsoever and is disrespectful to A team cricket

I mean Finch - seriously WTF?