• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pujara fan club

irfan

State Captain
Should be awesome to see him play ODI cricket. I can see him in the #4 spot in between Kohli and Raina.

My only concern is if India overplay him in the 75 ODIs we have against SL every year and his form suffers in Test cricket. We cannot afford that as he's our most important batsman.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It would surprise me if Pujara was a natural ODI player, he might become like Dravid, a more manufactured and adaptable player. It's a good sign that he is getting a run in ODIs, he will gain extra international experience as a result. However I still reserve my judgement on Pujara, while he clearly has the temperament for test cricket, and the ability to succeed in the SC, the tour of SA will provide some insight to where he really is at as a test cricketer.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
However I still reserve my judgement on Pujara, while he clearly has the temperament for test cricket, and the ability to succeed in the SC, the tour of SA will provide some insight to where he really is at as a test cricketer.
Agreed. He's been there and played a couple before, so it'd be fair to make a proper judgement based on how he goes there in the coming series. Good thing he's going early too.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Last time Pujara came to SA, I remember him playing the most horrific hook I've ever seen.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't give a **** if he plays ODIs. Don't get me wrong, I love ODIs, but india have plenty of talented short format batsmen.

I just think he's godly in tests. Could watch him all day.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He bowls leggies right? Not really sure why he would bother, if part-time legspin is what gets him over the line for selection then there is something seriously wrong with the system

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
He bowls leggies right? Not really sure why he would bother, if part-time legspin is what gets him over the line for selection then there is something seriously wrong with the system
Somehwat ironically, India are genuinely short of a part-time bowler (spinner), at one point we had Yuvi, Sehwag and Raina who could all bowl, Pathan even for a short while, now they genuinely don't have one, Rohit sharma comes the closest, can't believe we've actually used guys like Raydu as part timers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somehwat ironically, India are genuinely short of a part-time bowler (spinner), at one point we had Yuvi, Sehwag and Raina who could all bowl, Pathan even for a short while, now they genuinely don't have one, Rohit sharma comes the closest, can't believe we've actually used guys like Raydu as part timers.
Yeah awta.

Rayudu's bowling action is hilarious. He runs up to the crease sideways like a crab, his right arm stays next to his hip all the way until his little jump to the crease and then he sort of catapults the ball. Looks so bad.