• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATG ODI XIs- nation by nation

King Pietersen

International Captain
My England effort:

Marcus Trescothick
Nick Knight
Jonathan Trott
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Paul Collingwood
Alex Stewart +
Darren Gough
Graeme Swann
James Anderson
Bob Willis

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Kapil Dev picks his ATG Indian ODI XI (and excludes himself):

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Sourav Ganguly
Virat Kohli
Mohammed Azharuddin
MS Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Javagal Srinath

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Personally, besides the obvious inclusion of Kapil himself, I'd sub in Gambhir for Ganguly (Gambhir better in tournament finals), Yuvraj for Azharuddin (MOT in a WC has got to count for something).

Dhawan, Bhuvaneshwar and Ashwin the candidates to watch out for as far as displacing the incumbents is concerned.

smash84

The Tiger King
Kapil Dev picks his ATG Indian ODI XI (and excludes himself):

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Sourav Ganguly
Virat Kohli
Mohammed Azharuddin
MS Dhoni
Ravindra Jadeja
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Javagal Srinath
Maybe Kapil shouldn't really have acted humble and excluded himself. There are only 2 pacers in the attack and they too seem toothless in comparison to himself (and other bowling attacks)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Fair team from Kapil. I'd just replace Kumble with Kapil and this team would win plenty of matches.

Sachin Tendulkar
Virender Sehwag
Sourav Ganguly
Virat Kohli
Mohammed Azharuddin
MS Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Ravindra Jadeja
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Javagal Srinath

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
why would you want to replace Kumble? You might want to replace harbhajan instead.
Just reckon Harbhajan was the better ODI cricketer by a small margin. Either is fine. Jadeja has a pretty outstanding ODI all round record...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would actually replace Sehwag with Yuvraj and Jadeja with Kapil.. We might end up covering all bases. Left arm seamer, leggie, offie, left arm spinner, finishers, top order, a good no.4, decent fielding outfit etc etc..

Sachin
Sourav
Kohli
Azhar
Yuvi
MSD (wk)
Kapil
Harbhajan
Kumble
Zaheer
Srinath

Pretty good team I reckon.. Not the worst in the field too with Kohli, Azhar and Yuvi and decent slippers (Sachin, Azhar, Kapil) and good captaincy candidates (2 WC winners, a WC runner up and Azhar)..

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Australia XI

Watson
Gilchrist
Ponting
Jones
Hussey M
Bevan
Symonds
Lee
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

smash84

The Tiger King
I would actually replace Sehwag with Yuvraj and Jadeja with Kapil.. We might end up covering all bases. Left arm seamer, leggie, offie, left arm spinner, finishers, top order, a good no.4, decent fielding outfit etc etc..

Sachin
Sourav
Kohli
Azhar
Yuvi
MSD (wk)
Kapil
Harbhajan
Kumble
Zaheer
Srinath

Pretty good team I reckon.. Not the worst in the field too with Kohli, Azhar and Yuvi and decent slippers (Sachin, Azhar, Kapil) and good captaincy candidates (2 WC winners, a WC runner up and Azhar)..
Actually this is a pretty decent effort. Although I think by making a few changes the batting might be made stronger.