• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kerry Packer programme

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone catch the first episode of a dramatisation of Kerry Packer setting up WSC on BBC4 the other day? It's on BBC i-player if you want to watch it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I Sky+'d it to watch later.

Write up said it has lots of swears, so I figured profanity and cricket, how bad could it be?

King Pietersen

International Captain
I was expecting a proper documentary about WSC, with plenty of footage. Not seen a lot of WSC, so was quite excited, but seems like a bit of a dramatisation. Only watched the first 15 minutes though, so going to remain open minded, looks promising.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just finished the first episode, and really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure about the format, but it worked really well. Looking forward to the next one!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I enjoyed it, will watch the other part next week.

Couple of questions - why did no one like Gary Cosier? Also in the show it was made out to be Packer who said he didn't want him involved, but according to his wiki it was Greg Chappell?

Was Hookes really as thick as made out?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this the same as "Howzat! Kerry Packers War"??

Was a pretty good show, not sure how close to the truth it was but I enjoyed it. Had a laugh when they had the actor playing Clive LLoyd batting right handed though!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think this is the show we had last year? there was a thread about that
Yeah it is, apparently.

England, as usual, about a year behind the times.

The star of the show is Rhonda from the AAMI ads as KP's secretary.