• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Autographed menu for charity: Advice needed!

mandeville

Cricket Spectator
I am a member of my local Lions group and we have been donated an autographed menu to raise funds for charity. The menu comes from a dinner hosted by Freddie Trueman on 28th July 1989 as a tribute to Brian Statham.

We want to raise as much as possible for charity and fear that putting it on ebay might not be the best option. Can any forum members advise us on where we might best advertise it to reach the right kind of collector of cricket memorabilia? We want to get full value for it (however much that is!) partly so that we can pass on as much as possible to a good cause (it will be all used to support sports for teenagers) and partly to honour the generous donor.

The menu is signed by Freddie and Brian, of course. Also by Ted Dexter, John Edrich, Brian Johnston, Godfrey Evans, Bill Findall, Tom Graveney and Peter Parfitt.

Please forgive us if the forum is not the right place to post this question, but we figured if cricketweb forum readers cannot advise us then probably no one can!

Thanks

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I will buy it from you for $21.57 AU if you don't have any better offers.

watson

Banned
I'm surprised how little money these famous signatures go for. Shame really;

Lot 51:

Australia XI Coronation tour of England 1953. Official Australian Board of Control programme and itinerary for the tour to England. Decorative cover in green and gold with Australian emblem. To inside pages are the programme of matches to be played on the tour and the back cover is an autograph card with names of the touring Australians listed. This is nicely signed by sixteen members of the touring party in ink. Signatures include Hassett, Morris, Benaud, Davidson, Harvey, Johnston, Miller, Tallon, Archer, Hole, Langley, McDonald etc. Lacking the signature of Lindwall from the full touring party. Slight soiling otherwise in good condition

Estimate: £120/160

Hammer price: £160