• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen - 100-75

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder if Vaughan made it, I think he was better than Bell for example but it's a bit too high for him now.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has to be the 180 odd against Pakistan at Lords, surely.
That test match should probably be stricken from the records, ftr. Wasn't that the test where the spot-fixing drama blew up?

EDIT: Yes it was. Surviving on that first day is credible, but Pakistan didn't even try post the first day. I will admit to being OTT regarding striking the match from the records. :p

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That test match should probably be stricken from the records, ftr. Wasn't that the test where the spot-fixing drama blew up?

EDIT: Yes it was. Surviving on that first day is credible, but Pakistan didn't even try post the first day. I will admit to being OTT regarding striking the match from the records. :p
Didn't Broad hit his ton on day 2?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's not like they didn't bowl a no ball on day one either....

FFS, there was no evidence of match fixing in that match. Just like there wasn't any evidence of match fixing in the Sydney game or the World T20 Semi Final. Why don't you suggest no achievements in those games should be counted?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not like they didn't bowl a no ball on day one either....

FFS, there was no evidence of match fixing in that match. Just like there wasn't any evidence of match fixing in the Sydney game or the World T20 Semi Final. Why don't you suggest no achievements in those games should be counted?
I think the Sydney game is pretty fishy too ftr.

As for the World T20 Semi Final, I don't care about T20 enough to notice.

EDIT: And ftr, wasn't the no-ball that came under scrutiny in the test they won?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think the Sydney game is pretty fishy too ftr.

As for the World T20 Semi Final, I don't care about T20 enough to notice.

EDIT: And ftr, wasn't the no-ball that came under scrutiny in the test they won?
Nah, it was day 1 of the 4th Test. Amir's no ball came in the middle of him destroying England's top order IIRC.

Broad and Trott did their rescue act day 2 then the no ball story broke between day 2 and 3.