• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leaving Comments on Cricinfo

BeeGee

International Captain
It certainly is not perfect (oh how I would love Statsguru to include domestic games) but what is?
Cricinfo was perfect, imo, back when it was run by volunteers. Was it inevitable that they would sell out? Yes. Is there anything I could've done to prevent that? No. Should I stop whinging about it? Probably.

Look, I'm just an angry old man saying things were better in my day, OK? And get off my lawn.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think you have actually read his articles, his understanding of the game is really good and he has written some really wonderful articles.
Barely, he usually just offers the Indian team and or individual players generic and obvious advice that is nearly always in hindsight rather than foresight. He also is part of the "t20 is stuffing up batsmen" juggernaut which I'm sick of reading about - even if it is rue to an extent.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James is a DBA and has nothing better to do. :ph34r:
He had a post up a few days ago about rejigging the CW Stats Spider so perhaps it will happen!
And as I said, I need some help with the features of it, etc. I'm fine with the coding but need some help in putting together some screen designs, etc :)

Get in touch guys if you're keen to help out.

the big bambino

International Captain
I don't mind Chopra at all. Writes some pretty good stuff, in particular a very good article about Zac Khan and his loss of form.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tried again today - this time my comment couldn't possibly be construed as a smart arse one-liner, so I really am going to get paranoid if they don't approve it - so it's either third time lucky or the mods at cricinfo are a bunch of moronic tossers - my expectations are with the latter

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well **** me sideways - it took them about two minutes to approve that - so the rules seem to be that in order to get a comment posted on cricinfo you mustn't try and be funny, clever or implicitly criticise their writer

MrPrez

International Debutant
Cricinfo has had a couple of good authors - I enjoy(ed) Zaltzman, Hughes and Kimber - but in general I find their entire outlook to be incredibly biased. Which makes sense to me, given that there are some audiences exponentially larger than others.

Then I get to the comments sections and I weep for humanity.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I've found it very easy to get comments and the sort sent through them. Though that's mostly in the live comms.