• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India/Sri Lanka/West Indies tri-series

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
They won.
Is that suppose to change the fact that they played horribly towards end? They should have won it easily but instead they got themselves into a position where they could have lost it, and that wasn't because India did anything special.

samreddevilz

Cricket Spectator
West Indies is the Damn Favorite I thought. But today's match was not a good indication for Them. Hard fought win. But they have a home soil advantage......

Stapel

International Regular
The WI batsmen generally play on instinct, their natural game is to hit big shots so they just go ahead and do it, Darren Bravo is one of the few in the line-up who can actually contain himself.
The Great Shivnarine Chanderpaul in for Devon Smith then!

Though I agree with your post, I must say that Chris Gayle can bat sensibly as well. We've become to know him as the most dangerous six hitter in the world, but he can do more than that. On various occasions I've seen him simply stay around the RRR, while chasing a modest target.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only tuned in for the last 30 minutes. Why was the ***y Kohli captain near the end? Dhoni hurt?

samreddevilz

Cricket Spectator
Only tuned in for the last 30 minutes. Why was the ***y Kohli captain near the end? Dhoni hurt?

yep. Dhoni was injured while Batting. So He didn't take the field. And for this chance ***y Virat took charge & Led India to the Loss.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The Great Shivnarine Chanderpaul in for Devon Smith then!

Though I agree with your post, I must say that Chris Gayle can bat sensibly as well. We've become to know him as the most dangerous six hitter in the world, but he can do more than that. On various occasions I've seen him simply stay around the RRR, while chasing a modest target.
The classic Gayle example was at Adelaide a few years ago in a test match, he carried his bat for 160 odd and batted patiently for the whole day, it can be done, but lately I see the WI batsmen always trying to hit their way out of both winning and losing situations.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Jono said:
***y Kohli captain
If you find Kohli attractive, you may think I'm a *** bomb. :ph34r:

India-SL now. Sri Lanka still unscathed. Now here comes the overhyped "Sir sri sri pandit" Jadeja.

PS. Gavaskar. SHUT. UP.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this match has pretty much proven that Kohli is a poor and disruptive influence on India, time to go I reckon.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure this tournament is really worth taking seriously. It's not a marquee ICC event. It is an obvious promotional activity for an Indian mobile phone company. We saw the phone explode onto the cricket field as a 'special feature'.

Actually, I know it shouldn't be taken too seriously. India have just won the Champions' Trophy, and should consolidate on it in the lead-up to the World Cup.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure this tournament is really worth taking seriously. It's not a marquee ICC event. It is an obvious promotional activity for an Indian mobile phone company. We saw the phone explode onto the cricket field as a 'special feature'.

Actually, I know it shouldn't be taken too seriously. India have just won the Champions' Trophy, and should consolidate on it in the lead-up to the World Cup.
Isn't every other event a promotional activity for some company?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Gayle gone to Bhuvi..and there goes the match for Windies..Looks like Bhuvi will snatch the 'one most important player' award for India..gets early breakthroughs regularly..and the main batsman too..

rronyy

Cricket Spectator
india will win the tri nation series as the team is performing better in recent time to win champions trophy will definately boost up thre moralll....................but they should'nt take SL and Wi lightlyy'...................

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't every other event a promotional activity for some company?
Usually every event in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka is an event to promote some brand, but this seems to have carried over to the West Indies. We see a different sponsor each time, and it is often either a new brand (an ODI series planned by the BCCI in Lanka launched a scheme by IDBI-Fortis) or a has-been brand (Kitply was once a sponsor for a tri-series in Bangladesh), when India is involved.

On the other hand, Commonwealth Bank sponsors events in Australia, National Bank in NZ, nPower/Natwest in England, Digicel in the West Indies- and the sponsor often stays the same, for a long time.