• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India/Sri Lanka/West Indies tri-series

Woodster

International Captain
Such a contrast with Johnson Charles today in comparison to Friday. Against SL he looked like he'd not picked up a bat for months, then today he's just smashed it.

Pollard just nicked off to Sharma, Ramdin and Sammy left in the shed to get them over the line and give Charles a bit of help out there.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Something has to be done about Ishant, why does that **** continue to be picked? This partnership is the game breaker, Ashwin probably the prime candidate to get the wicket.

Woodster

International Captain
Sammy looking like he's going to play his natural game and put bat to ball when he can, could be very dangerous to India's hopes of winning this. Just need to bat properly here these two, and try and force anything too much. Thunderous back foot thrash through the off side from Sammy. If he stays around for a while this game isn't going into the last couple of overs!

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a strange chase, I don't think I've ever seen so many sixes in a small chase like this when wickets are falling. Batting powerplay will decide this game, WI still favourites I feel.

Woodster

International Captain
This is a strange chase, I don't think I've ever seen so many sixes in a small chase like this when wickets are falling. Batting powerplay will decide this game, WI still favourites I feel.
Yes they've played a few rash shots, even in this partnership, and the importance of these two staying together for a while you would think is massive if WI are to get over the line. The run rate shouldn't be an issue so I can't quite understand some of the rashness. Be positive for sure, but some are pretty high-risk shots.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes they've played a few rash shots, even in this partnership, and the importance of these two staying together for a while you would think is massive if WI are to get over the line. The run rate shouldn't be an issue so I can't quite understand some of the rashness. Be positive for sure, but some are pretty high-risk shots.
The WI batsmen generally play on instinct, their natural game is to hit big shots so they just go ahead and do it, Darren Bravo is one of the few in the line-up who can actually contain himself.

BTW that's about the 15th time DK has gone up for a catch on his own...

Woodster

International Captain
The WI batsmen generally play on instinct, their natural game is to hit big shots so they just go ahead and do it, Darren Bravo is one of the few in the line-up who can actually contain himself.

BTW that's about the 15th time DK has gone up for a catch on his own...
I agree with certain players to a point, but they have to learn from their mistakes. Sammy, perfect example today, has just flicked Sharma for six, then crashed him over extra cover for four but then played an irresponsible flash at one that's gone straight to third man and piles the pressure on Charles to see them home.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with certain players to a point, but they have to learn from their mistakes. Sammy, perfect example today, has just flicked Sharma for six, then crashed him over extra cover for four but then played an irresponsible flash at one that's gone straight to third man and piles the pressure on Charles to see them home.
yeah that's a good point, they lose concentration and make poor decisions, occasionally you have to be malleable to the situation and contain yourself, they crack under pressure because they can't do that.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
West Indies trying everything to lose this game lol. I can't believe they've made it look so difficult.

Woodster

International Captain
Now Charles has gone and India right back in this. I understand slightly more why Charles feels he has to go on the attack batting with the tail now, but again I'm not sure that was entirely necessary. Roach has looked solid enough and there was still Narine and Best in the shed, so maybe he could have just batted as he had and worked it round and got them closer. But he did bat well and he did so by smashing it about, just think he could have played it a bit more sensibly to get WI home.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja has been poor IMO, no flight, no turn and he looks nonthreatening, he needs to work on his guile if he is going to succeed at this level, particularly in tests...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
amazing game, amazed that the final pair showed more composure and poise than the rest of the batsmen, oh well.