• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite commentator (that is not from your own country)?

Favourite foreign commentators

• Total voters

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Your favourite commentators (that are not from your own country)?

Who are your favourite foreign commentators (greater than one option permitted) ?

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Terrible Poll son, you've missed my favourite and clearly the best...........Mickey Holding.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Went for Bumble. Enjoy most of the English guys. Actually love Boycott. Can remember a couple of times during the 2005 Ashes when Australia dropped catches in the cordon and Boycs was laughing so hard, cracked me up. Slater was with him saying "settle down Boycs". Was very funny.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Ian Chappell- listening to him always so interesting. He is strongly opinionated and adds excellent depth to the broadcast when he starts talking about his personal experiences.

Nasser Hussain- in his early days came across as a biased and opinionated commentator- but in the last 3 years has been awesome. Very fair and impartial- also has good knowledge about players from other countries.

Allan Border- so impartial and professional it is untrue- can't believe he used to be called "captain grumpy" since these days he comes across so cool, calm and collected.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I'd twist the motive behind this thread and go with the Zimbo Pommy Mbangwa. Severely underrated commentator.

JBMAC

State Captain
The best commentators to have ever called the game were Allan McGilvray, John Arlott, Christopher Martin Jenkins,Keith Miller and Bob Simpson

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think he was during the recent series.

Not voting on the poll because the standard of commentary outwith the Sky team is utterly terrible. Benaud and Warne the only 2 on the list that are passable and Warne's terrible when he's in the box for Channel 9 or ESPNStar.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll probably get slated for this but I also really like Kerry O'keefe........funny funny man. Always look forward to him and Aggers together for an Ashes series in Oz.

smash84

The Tiger King
Went for Bumble. Enjoy most of the English guys. Actually love Boycott. Can remember a couple of times during the 2005 Ashes when Australia dropped catches in the cordon and Boycs was laughing so hard, cracked me up. Slater was with him saying "settle down Boycs". Was very funny.
agree with the above.

Geoff Boycott is my favorite. The English commentators are really good. I really like the way David Gower speaks. Sounds so aristocratic.

But Boycott for me, unfortunately he is not on the panel.

How can you have the likes of Russell Arnold in there and not have Boycott and Holding?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No Harsha Bhogle, but Bumble comes in second best I guess. This forum seems to hate most commentators(or is it just GF?), but tbh having watched cricket all my life I find I can follow the game just as well as they can call it, so the light hearted ones or the strongly opinionated ones always take the cake for me. I never seem to find commentary banter annoying.