• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite commentator (that is not from your own country)?

Favourite foreign commentators

• Total voters

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, Botham is rubbish. Just ridiculously stubborn. I liked how during the rain in the final, Nasser showed a few perfect yorkers getting hit for boundaries, and a minute later Botham's back on his "You can't hit a yorker for a boundary" point for the 18,348th time. Would you like Nass to show you again Beefy?

He and Lloyd manage to piss me off a lot. Nasser and Atherton are easily the best sky ones IMO. Warne has agendas and is a bit of a troll on twitter, but he's always good value on the box as well.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Botham is rubbish. Just ridiculously stubborn. I liked how during the rain in the final, Nasser showed a few perfect yorkers getting hit for boundaries, and a minute later Botham's back on his "You can't hit a yorker for a boundary" point for the 18,348th time. Would you like Nass to show you again Beefy?
Yeah, that was one of the sections I was talking about. Nasser was trying to get through his thick skull that batsmen have evolved since his day and have invented new ways to play the full delivery. All Botham could come back with is if you tried the ramp shot against the likes of Garner you'd end up in hospital missing half your face (not if you get enough bat on it beefy!!). He made a crap argument and was getting angry because Nasser and Gower didn't agree with him, yet as you say Hussein was putting all the evidence on the table to back his pov.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fair enough, you come to appreciate whatever commentary you get in Australia where watching cricket means six hours of Slats and Heals making Mark Taylor fat jokes.
Slats is another one who's gone to **** in the C9 box. He was excellent for Channel 4 in the 2005 Ashes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, that was one of the sections I was talking about. Nasser was trying to get through his thick skull that batsmen have evolved since his day and have invented new ways to play the full delivery. All Botham could come back with is if you tried the ramp shot against the likes of Garner you'd end up in hospital missing half your face (not if you get enough bat on it beefy!!). He made a crap argument and was getting angry because Nasser and Gower didn't agree with him, yet as you say Hussein was putting all the evidence on the table to back his pov.
Botham's best commentary moment is him ranting about England setting a deep point to Jayasuriya in an ODI. I think you can guess where Jayasuriya holed out next ball.

the big bambino

International Captain
Botham is a bear of very little brain. For a man who slagged off at what he perceived privilege in the form of selectors he believes in the infallibility of his own bull****. Plus he's become one of those "why back in my day" bores.