• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What was Bradman's favourite shot?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Did he play it better than any of the leading modern batsman of recent years/decades (i.e. Kallis, Ponting, Lara etc...)?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I believe it is the cut shot. But the shot has improved since the amateur days, didn't ya know? Today if you play a cut shot well and place it well, you get 4 runs but back in the amateur era, you ONLY got 4 runs.. :dry:

cpr

International Coach
Heard he once put a bullet through a Dingo's eye at 150 yards, without harming the baby it was chewing.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The same ones that Sachin plays, but he played them a bit less skilfully.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think he would have played it less skillfully tbh. His technique looked pretty sound from what I have seen.

JBMAC

State Captain
He was a strong player in front of the wicket on both sides.But one of his favourite shots I have seen him play a lot was taking a rising ball on the off and hooking it towrds square leg type direction.I have seen him play that shot many times so I could surmise it was a favourite.Quick on his feet with a real good eye made it a pleasure to watch him bat

Gowza

U19 12th Man
I'd say pretty much every shot if you go by the clip where he's asked to show some of his favourite shots and he proceeds to show the back foot defence, front foot defence, late cut, cut behind point, cut in front of point, cover drive, on drive, straight drive, off drive, forward leg glance, backward leg glance, pull shot and hook shot.

pskov

International 12th Man
Wasn't he a predominately back foot player? That's unusual as almost all the great batsman of recent times have been front foot players.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't he a predominately back foot player? That's unusual as almost all the great batsman of recent times have been front foot players.
From memory that was because of the pitches and safety equipment. Playing on the back foot allowed more time to adjust

Last edited: