Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 337
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Bradman- status as the greatest batsman ever under threat?

  1. #46
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,094
    The Race Card.

    CW's Godwin

  2. #47
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    The funny thing about Bradman fans is that NONE of them have watched him bat and make fancy assumptions.

    It's all white pride, only whites rate Bradman the greatest. Ask a non white or in fact very few whites, they will rate Viv Richards as the greatest.
    I'm not going to bite on that because nobody would come up with such a crass statement without knowing that they're going to get called out on it, so he must have some evidence to back up this remarkable conclusion

    You see what I've figured he's done is worked out that there is only man who would have had a good look at Bradman and at Richards and can therefore, as Mr K asserts, make a valid comparison, and whose opinion would be universally respected, thus CLR James it must be.

    'cept there is a flaw .................................................

  3. #48
    International Captain watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    The funny thing about Bradman fans is that NONE of them have watched him bat and make fancy assumptions.

    It's all white pride, only whites rate Bradman the greatest. Ask a non white or in fact very few whites, they will rate Viv Richards as the greatest.
    I do love a good rampant generalisation;

    Anyway, here's some footage of Bradman in action that I've never seen before;

    http://aso.gov.au/titles/documentari...cricket/clip2/
    Last edited by watson; 16-06-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    JBMAC likes this.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

    Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

  4. #49
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,094
    kissmekirkut.jpeg


  5. #50
    State Vice-Captain Coronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,347
    Ah, so I'm secretly a racist. Good to know.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. W.R Hammond 5. G.S Sobers 6. M.J Procter 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. M. Muralitharan 11. G.D McGrath

  6. #51
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    ODI one obviously outdated
    Yeah, it's been on wiki for years. The Test one would be outdated too, but an update would only prove the point more.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  7. #52
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Posts
    12,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Ah, so I'm secretly a racist. Good to know.
    I suppose you must be, given that the only other alternative is that kirkut is talking bollocks, which obviously he wouldn't be, 'cos he's clearly not a racist

  8. #53
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,094
    Seriously, how good was McGrath? Fmd
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  9. #54
    State Vice-Captain JBMAC's Avatar
    Mahjong Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qld/Australia
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    The funny thing about Bradman fans is that NONE of them have watched him bat and make fancy assumptions.

    It's all white pride, only whites rate Bradman the greatest. Ask a non white or in fact very few whites, they will rate Viv Richards as the greatest.
    Listen Sunshine I have seen Bradman on a number of occasions in both Test Matches and Sheffield shield games and need make NO fancy assumptions.he is/was the greatest batsman of ALL time.A Test average of 99.94 should be all the explanation you need of his greatness .He had a far greater range of shots than Tendukar or Richards had or for any other batsman I have see play the game over 70 years of watching and playing the game.So, I would suggest sonny boy listen to your elders and show some respect!
    Keep Your Feet on The Ground,Keep Reaching for The Stars!

  10. #55
    International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    The funny thing about Bradman fans is that NONE of them have watched him bat and make fancy assumptions.

    It's all white pride, only whites rate Bradman the greatest. Ask a non white or in fact very few whites, they will rate Viv Richards as the greatest.
    Told yers. Thanks mate. Your dumb ****ery has confirmed my prediction.

  11. #56
    International Regular harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    Listen Sunshine I have seen Bradman on a number of occasions in both Test Matches and Sheffield shield games and need make NO fancy assumptions.he is/was the greatest batsman of ALL time.A Test average of 99.94 should be all the explanation you need of his greatness .He had a far greater range of shots than Tendukar or Richards had or for any other batsman I have see play the game over 70 years of watching and playing the game.So, I would suggest sonny boy listen to your elders and show some respect!
    Yeah!! Though the last line makes it feel like school
    JBMAC and honestbharani like this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

  12. #57
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swimming in the cry water of Antarctica
    Posts
    29,068
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    Listen Sunshine I have seen Bradman on a number of occasions in both Test Matches and Sheffield shield games and need make NO fancy assumptions.he is/was the greatest batsman of ALL time.A Test average of 99.94 should be all the explanation you need of his greatness .He had a far greater range of shots than Tendukar or Richards had or for any other batsman I have see play the game over 70 years of watching and playing the game.So, I would suggest sonny boy listen to your elders and show some respect!
    JBMAC and honestbharani like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  13. #58
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,096
    JBMAC ends this ludicrous debate in emphatic style.
    JBMAC and honestbharani like this.

  14. #59
    International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,232
    Amen as well.

  15. #60
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    11,424
    Best burn ever? Yes IMO.
    honestbharani likes this.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why is Bradman the greatest ever?
    By jboss in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 06:48 AM
  2. 1920-50 Bradman Cricket's greatest batsman
    By odonis in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 03:45 AM
  3. Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than Don Bradman
    By Prince EWS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 23-04-2008, 01:16 PM
  4. Top 5 Australian batsman after Bradman.
    By pasag in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 23-04-2008, 06:30 AM
  5. Best batsman to partner Bradman
    By Engle in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 23-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •