• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Thread- Randomised test playing nations

BeeGee

International Captain
I like this draft idea, since its nice and quick. Anyone who avoids Zimbabwe and Bangladesh in the last few rounds are going to have a good looking side. Actually, its probably good to avoid Bangladesh for the last 10 rounds!
Yep, the speed is it's strength. Only being able to have 10 participants is the one weakness, I guess.

In the future maybe this draft could be run with two separate groups of 10 people? At the end, the top 5 players from each group could play off in a finals competition?

That would allow more participants, but make the draft slower, so probably defeats the purpose. :D

Last edited:

watson

Banned
It is possible for someone to randomly get Zimbabwe/Bangladesh multiple times just because of bad luck. Therefore, the ability to create a good cricket team is pretty much out of the Drafters hands. I'm not sure that I like this complete reliance on good luck.

Perhaps there should be a maximum of one Zimbabwe player and one Bangladesh player per team. Should you get Zimbabwe or Bangladesh a second time then this automatically means that you get to select any player of your choice from any country once all the other Drafters have selected for the Round.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jeez RSA is a difficult team to pick a 2nd player from.. Aubrey Faulkner coz leg spin bowling allrounders are just that damn rare.. :)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
It is possible for someone to randomly get Zimbabwe/Bangladesh multiple times just because of bad luck. Therefore, the ability to create a good cricket team is pretty much out of the Drafters hands. I'm not sure that I like this complete reliance on good luck.

Perhaps there should be a maximum of one Zimbabwe player and one Bangladesh player per team. Should you get Zimbabwe or Bangladesh a second time then this automatically means that you get to select any player of your choice from any country once all the other Drafters have selected for the Round.
True one can get multiple times BD/Zim and vice versa. This will create a lot of imbalance

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
CW has just seemed so dead today. I mean, I was out all day and there were about four threads in Cricket Chat that had new posts in them when I got back.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Round 1

howezat - Jack Hobbs
morgieb - Adam Gilchrist
Marcuss - Jacques Kallis
Cabinet - Garfield Sobers
Watson - Richard Hadlee
AZH - Sachin Tendulkar
Pothas - Imran Khan
Bee Gee - Muttiah Muralitharan
honestbharani - Andy Flower
Justo - Shakib Al Hasan

Round 2

Watson - Wally Hammond
BeeGee - Glenn McGrath
honestbharani - Aubrey Faulkner
Justo - Malcolm Marshall
Pothas - Martin Crowe
howezat - Sunny Gavaskar
Marcuss - Waqar Younis *
Cabinet - Kumar Sangakkara
morgieb - Heath Streak
AZH - Tamim Iqbal

* I chose for Marcuss as discussed earlier.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

- honest bhirani
- Howezat
- AZH
- morgieb
- Watson
- Justo
- Bee Gee
- Marcuss